Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 660 Moved Gatso:8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 660 Moved Gatso:8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KayMBee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 660 Moved Gatso:8 Reply with quote

This Gatso is on the east bound carriageway of the A505. I used to get an alert when approaching it. Since the last 2 pgpsw database updates I no longer get the alert when heading east. Instead it shows up when I am heading west on the other carriageway (which is kinda useless cos its not there). I just got around to comparing my latest database with an old one and the camera is at the same coordinates. So its not a problem with the database.

Now I am wondering if I perhaps updated the Garmin sw at the same time as the database and its doing some slightly different calculations. All the other cameras on my route get alerted OK.

Anyone any ideas? Any other travellers on that route have the same problem?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't driven that road recently, I know it, and that camera well. Studying the mapping data I can see what may be causing it to happen, and as such, I have put in a request (via the Camera submission page) to relocate the camera slightly to improve this.

Hopefully this will be actioned for the next database update.

Did anything else change around the time - eg did you move from v8 to v9 Garmin maps?
KayMBee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Swing,

Thanks for the reply.

From the file dates it looks as though I updated the Garmin sw to 3.2 on the same day as I changed the database.

I updated to 3.5 yesterday and its still the same problem.

So my guess is that Garmin made some minor tweek on v3.2

K
KayMBee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Warning - Nuvi Doesn't Detect All Cameras Reply with quote

This problem is still not resolved.
I have been gradually homing in on what is happening and found that with 11693 cameras it worked OK. With one more it failed.
To prove that it was not the pgpsw database, I created a totally ficticious database with all the cameras in Scotland (a long way from home) plus my 'offending' camera. Guess what - it worked OK with 11694 cameras. So back to the drawing board.

I find it difficult to believe that only this one, single camera is affected, so
my warning to you is: Beware Nuvi might not tell you about that camera you are just speeding past.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: