Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mitac Meo P350
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mitac Meo P350

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddyStone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Mitac Meo P350 Reply with quote

Great little device. Am using it with TomTom Navigator and Memory Map. Everything works fine but I do have a little problem that maybe someone can help me with.

The battery is fully charged and ALL programmes have been terminated. If I switch off using the top on-off button and then switch back on using the top button the next day it is usually OK, however if I switch off using the top On-Off button and try to switch on say 2 or three days later then it will not switch on. If I do a soft reset using the very small switch at the bottom and then switch on with the top on-off switch it works OK.

It's only a month old so I am sure it's just me doing something stupid!

All help appreciated.

Eddy
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. Please do not post the same question four times.

are you talking about the soft reset hole that you poke with the stylus, or the hard reset switch inside the battery compartment?

Be aware that you don't "switch off" Pocket PCs. You only send your device into standby mode which still uses some battery power. So probably after three days the battery just went flat.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appears to be a problem with the P350/550 switching Activesync on for no apparent reason, this adds to battery drain evidently.

Mio recommend the following to save battery power.

Quote:
PC. 3.1 Managing Power A fully charged battery should provide power for up to 8 hours of use. The operating time of a fully charged battery depends on how you are using the Pocket PC. Some functions, such as using multimedia or operating a SD/MMC card, may consume the battery power considerably. Low Battery Signals and Actions CAUTION: When the battery is very low, your device automatically sets the volume down as a protection. Under such circumstances, you will not be able to turn up the volume unless the battery is charged to a certain level of power. When you recharge the battery upon a warning of low power, you should charge for at least 30 minutes. If you unplug the AC adapter soon, you may not have sufficient battery power for your operation. You can monitor the battery power by tapping Settings System Power. The remaining power is displayed on a status bar in the Power control panel. When the battery is low, your Pocket PC will pop up a warning message. You should save your data and recharge the battery immediately upon a warning of low power; otherwise your Pocket PC will turn off automatically. You need to connect the Pocket PC to external AC power for charging before you can use it again.
Power-Saving Tips
Follow these suggestions to maximize the battery’s operating time, particularly when you are relying solely on the battery power for extended time periods.
Suspend frequently. By default, the screen backlight will automatically turn off and the Pocket PC will also turn off when it has been idle for a period of time. You can shorten the length of the idle time using Settings System Power Advanced to set up. Press the power button to turn off your Pocket PC when it is not in use, even for a short time. You can also manually turn off the backlight by pressing and holding the power button.
Turn off functions not needed or adjust settings.
Lower the volume.
Do not enable sounds or light flashing except for the most necessary notifications. (Tap Settings Personal Sounds & Notifications to set up.)
Avoid power-consuming situations such as:
When using a modem or other peripheral
When playing sound or music
When recording.
When using or monitoring wireless signals

lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also need to do the "fake Exchange server" dance to set the ActiveSync schedule back to manual.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
You also need to do the "fake Exchange server" dance to set the ActiveSync schedule back to manual.

Could anyone provide a link to this fix please?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from another Post. It appears to have worked for me.

Quote:
First of all, in order to disolve the active sync problem do the following :

Go into ActiveSync on the P350/P550.
Click 'Menu' then 'Add Server Source'.
Add a bogus 1.1.1.1 as a server ... then any letter as the user/pass/domain. Then uncheck those boxes at the end.
Now go back into 'Menu', 'Schedule', and switch to 'Manual' for those options.
You can delete this server afterward from the ActiveSync 'Options' list and it will still retain the Manual setting.

neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: