Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has anyone had any success running Destinator 6 on Acer N35?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone had any success running Destinator 6 on Acer N35?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic. I have installed D6 and find it a great piece of software apart from the fact I seem to have approx a 100 yard lag on the map. yet the audio commands are issued at the correct time. I was thinking I may have to get a more powerful PDA but now I am not so sure. When the chap says it improves the calculation times has anyone noticed if the map lag issue is fixed?

Thanks in advance :-)
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raystorm wrote:
Do I reboot the unit and restart the flash process again with the old version of Windows, or leave the unit running and insert the card without rebooting? Also, do you know which is the old windows image on the Acer FTP site? I've downloaded the one that I think it is, but I'm not too sure.

Ver1.4.xxx is the WM2003 ROM-image (you should choose a language you can handle Wink )
Eboot6.2 and Ver2.10xxx are the WM2003SE ROM-image files.

With the flashing and rebooting you have to try on your own. I had never any problems while flashing the device (so no experience in desaster recovery). But removing the SD-card or switching off the pda while flashing is definitive risky.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwpaul wrote:
Interesting topic. I have installed D6 and find it a great piece of software apart from the fact I seem to have approx a 100 yard lag on the map. yet the audio commands are issued at the correct time. I was thinking I may have to get a more powerful PDA but now I am not so sure. When the chap says it improves the calculation times has anyone noticed if the map lag issue is fixed?

Thanks in advance :-)

Try 2D mode.

If you have lag in 2D:
- switch off the n35 with the small switch at the bottom for at least 5minutes (resets the GPS receiver)
- install D6 in main memory (on the clean pda)
- format the SD card with Fat16 cluster 16
- copy the map data with a card reader

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: