Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handtec - Top choice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handtec - Top choice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Handtec - Top choice Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Handtec. They have excellent back up and exchange service.
I even sent back a magnetic holder with a broken lever, which they could've said was not covered by the normal returns policy. I received a new one in 2 days! Amazing!! :D
They are also cheaper than EasyDevices even with the subscriber discount.
evilscoop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POST REMOVED: Please see Forum Rules here
Quote:

Retailers to buy from/avoid forum
• In response to the rising number of posts from new users in praise of or complaining about retailers we have decided to implement a new rule. Users with less than 10 posts are now forbidden from posting in the Retailers to buy from or avoid forum. This requirement is intended to improve the confidence in such posts. Any posters ignoring this requirement will have their posts deleted.
seacon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also purchased from Handtec. They 'price matched' another supplier by reducing their price by £25 and delivery was next day.
I see they are now selling at the 'reduced' price.
simonblake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

• In response to the rising number of posts from new users in praise of or complaining about retailers we have decided to implement a new rule. Users with less than 10 posts are now forbidden from posting in the Retailers to buy from or avoid forum. This requirement is intended to improve the confidence in such posts. Any posters ignoring this requirement will have their posts deleted.
pcb1962
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

• In response to the rising number of posts from new users in praise of or complaining about retailers we have decided to implement a new rule. Users with less than 10 posts are now forbidden from posting in the Retailers to buy from or avoid forum. This requirement is intended to improve the confidence in such posts. Any posters ignoring this requirement will havew their posts deleted.
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: handtech Reply with quote

I bought my ipaq from handtech.
First it came minus the car speaker mount (to follow when available) I was told when I phoned them had to phone because there was nothing in the package telling me the mount was out of stock.
Next after having the ipaq for two weeks the phone ceased to operate so I phoned again and went to speak to their techie dept lo and behold all technical enquiries are being handled by email not good enough I thought so I tried again and asked for sales when sales came on I told the guy my problem he said I was speaking to the technical dept (one man bussiness I susspect) any way he gave me a phone number for HP support.
After an hour in a queuing system I was put through to technical help (in India I think) who took me through the proccesses I had already tried only to disscover there was a fault then told me the unit would be picked up no monday by UPS, The day I phoned being friday.
Next I recieved an email from UPS telling me the unit would be picked up the following day saturday. so stayed in all day and no UPS will have to stay in again monday now and keep my fingers crossed I've included a copy of the invoice and a note with the return package stating that I think there is more than a phone fault on the ipaq Evil or Very Mad

Will post the outcome here, sorry this post is a bit long
Handtec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly PCB.... Seems like you have mistaken our company with another as you have posted two identical complaints to two seperate companies

Tradesman. It also seems you have mistaken our company with another as we do not use UPS or Indian call centres.

However if we are mistaken please contact me on the email address below.

Emmanual Doonan
cservises@gpsk.com
www.handtec.co.uk
Handtec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradesman..

re read your email - Indian call centres and UPS I see you are referring to HP. Hopefully HP will have a positive outcome with this.
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handtec wrote:
Tradesman..

re read your email - Indian call centres and UPS I see you are referring to HP. Hopefully HP will have a positive outcome with this.

I hope so to Handtec though I was labouring under the impression that if you had a problem with goods supplied the onus was on the person that had taken your money.
Anyway thanks for replying to the post that at least is a possitive outcome.
pcb1962
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

• In response to the rising number of posts from new users in praise of or complaining about retailers we have decided to implement a new rule. Users with less than 10 posts are now forbidden from posting in the Retailers to buy from or avoid forum. This requirement is intended to improve the confidence in such posts. Any posters ignoring this requirement will havew their posts deleted.
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Justan update on the proggress of my ipaq repair via HP support.
Unit was picked up by UPS on Mon 21st August an delivered to their repair centre in Holland with an expected return date within the next 5 days.
However I received an email this morning to tell me they were out of the spare parts needed for the repair (do'nt like the sound of that) and I would be contacted by email when the unit was ready for delivery Sad
So my GPS days have been curtailed somwhat.
In the meantime I am still waiting for an email from Handtec to tell me the missing speaker mount will be delivered.

Watch this space!
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: why bother Reply with quote

Why bother having this section at all if a member says anything bad about a sponsor his post is removed.
Who listens or cares anyway.
A sadly dissilusioned member. Evil or Very Mad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules are rules. That poster had less than 10 posts.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Rules are rules. That poster had less than 10 posts.

Yeah & bussiness is bussiness.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradesman

you need to know why the rule was first introduced since I think I was one of the members that suggested it. We were getting a lot of posts from new members praising one particular supplier that read almost like an advertisement. Wonderful praise with absolutely no real detail. The new member then never posted again. Many of us were (and remain) suspicious that these were not real members or real feedback.

In this case I think the removal is entirely correct. It is obvious that pcb1962 has confused Handtec with Handnav, two entirely different suppliers, as can be seen from his other post.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: