Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Loader 2.3.1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Loader 2.3.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrklaw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm new to all this lark, so please be gentle.

Does this new version (the only version I've downloaded having only bought my nuvi today) mess POIs up? I used manual for speed cams, but have to start playing with Ash and cbroms tools too.

I don't have any other POIs on there just yet, so should I leave them off until the software is fixed?

Could someone point me to where I could get the older version?
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrklaw wrote:
Hi

I'm new to all this lark, so please be gentle.

Does this new version (the only version I've downloaded having only bought my nuvi today) mess POIs up? I used manual for speed cams, but have to start playing with Ash and cbroms tools too.

I don't have any other POIs on there just yet, so should I leave them off until the software is fixed?

Could someone point me to where I could get the older version?

There seems to be some problems with the lattest release i have put the previous release on my web space to enable anyone to download .
Will leave untill i need the space for something else.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1094354D
mrklaw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers, grabbed it just in case. :D
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I've tried both modes of the new POIloader, now - express and manual mode.

Most of MaFt's POI files, plus the safety camera database (ie the files grouped as type of camera - redlight, temporary, mobile, etc...). The safety camera files are in gpx format after using cbrom's utiltiy.

Before this new version of POIloader, all the POIs worked as you'd previously expect - however, with the new version using either express mode OR manual mode, all POIs on route cause proximity alerts - EVEN if using manual mode, and only selecting proximity alerts for the safety camera files.

So deffo some kind of bug with it, I'm going to revert to the previous POIloader version and re-load my POIs.
chrisbl99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem, but I only have version 2.3.1. I tried the version 2.0 and it crashes on the XP system. Could someone please point me to version 2.2.1 so that I can remove the proximity alerts...they are driving me crazy.

Thanks
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisbl99 wrote:
I'm having the same problem, but I only have version 2.3.1. I tried the version 2.0 and it crashes on the XP system. Could someone please point me to version 2.2.1 so that I can remove the proximity alerts...they are driving me crazy.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Chris,
sorry to hear your having problems, there are only 3 versions of the POILoader Software.

Original version, i can put on my web space but will need to remove version 2 first let me know if you want this Question
Here is another location of version 2 http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/POILoader_20.exe
Version 2.3.1 is the current version obtainable from http://downloads.garmin.com/POILoader_231.exe

Suggest you un-install the POILoader you currently have shutdown/restart your computer and download and install the programme from gpsinformation.org

There is something wrong with the download you have previously obtained (corrupted during downloading) as it should not give problems crashing XP, sounds like the problem is at your end.
chrisbl99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. I'll deinstall 2.3.1, reboot and then try the old version again. If I need the other version I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Chris.
chrisbl99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timber,

That worked a treat..thanks. I've updated my POIs using 2.2.1 and it's no longer alerting for general POIs, just the speed cameras.

Thanks again

Chris
sshih
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: POI Loader 2.2.1 Reply with quote

Timber,

Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I just purchased the Nuvi 360 so now I'm doing all sorts of additional research about POIs, maps. etc.

I downloaded the new POI Loader 2.3.1 from Garmin but didn't install it yet after reading about their proximity alert issue.

I've been looking all over for the 2.2.1 version. Do you still have that available? I found version 2.0 but I would really prefer to get 2.2.1 if someone still has it out there somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

Looking forward to other helpful tips and tricks about the nuvi and all things related.
cheroksys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: POI Loader 2.2.1 Reply with quote

sshih wrote:
Timber,

I've been looking all over for the 2.2.1 version. Do you still have that available? I found version 2.0 but I would really prefer to get 2.2.1 if someone still has it out there somewhere.

related.

I have found version 2.2.1 files located at the following site

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=122497&st=100

Download link

http://members.shaw.ca/caccoins/POIloader.zip

Just use these files to overwrite the files from 2.3.1, reboot PC and upload your POI, worked for me Smile
ajsnr1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi new here this in the help file on poi 2.3 yous are having probs with it may help

Advanced users can create their own .csv and .gpx data files that include Custom POI lists or TourGuide files.
POI Loader loads all .csv and .gpx data files saved in a particular folder. When creating or downloading Custom POI data files, it is recommended that you save all the data files you want to upload to your device in one single folder.
POI Loader determines whether or not a file contains speed and proximity alert points based on specific criteria. Use the following information to help you create Custom POI files:

· If a file name contains a valid speed number or if all records in a file have speed encoded in the name, then all records in the file will include speed and proximity alerts. For example, a data file with the file name "Speed_30" generates speed alerts of 30 mph (or kph, depending on the type of units selected in POI Loader) for each POI in the file.

· If the file name contains "redlight", POI Loader assumes all records in the file have proximity alerts with a distance of 400m/0.25 miles

· If a file contains "GATSO," "mobile," "SPECS," "safety," "speed," or "camera," but does not have a speed, POI Loader uses a default alert speed of 0, which means you will always be alerted. You can override this default value by entering the speed in Manual mode.

· You can also enter speeds for each POI individually by adding the @ symbol and a number after the name of the POI. For example, a Custom POI named "Ridgeview@25" would create a POI named "Ridgeview" with a 25 mph speed alert.

· POI Loader calculates proximity alert distance based on speed. You can enter proximity alert distance for individual Custom POIs in a .gpx file. You can also enter proximity alert distance for all Custom P
OIs in a data file using Manual mode.

See Understanding Speed and Proximity Alert Information for more information.
For more information, see the following topics:

Creating Custom POIs in MapSource
Creating .CSV Files
Creating TourGuide Files
Loading Custom Bitmaps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: