Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOp`s forgot to say the e-mail I sent was to someone at Garmin.

Doh!!!

Dil

Davida2b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , things are looking good on 2.70 , but i appear to be on audio version 2.00 ! am i missing something ?
Can this be uprated ? or should i leave it well alone ?
Sat nav`s are getting bad press and i am looking forward to watching Friday`s Tv documentary , but i love my I3 and it has saved me a lot in fuel , it has to be safer than perching an A-Z. ( Sorry perhaps not for this forum , apologizes )
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just thinking here...... It seems that all the unit software (apart from main firmware) for the i3 is completely identical in version number, release date and file size to the unit software of my old c320 and it is also interesting that xImage software which is not meant for the i3 actually works perfectly on the i3 as you guys know. Now.. what would happen if the only missing software for the i3 (i.e. the audio software v2.4) is installed on the i3 from the c320's page?????? Has anyone tried this before? and is there anyone who is willing to take the plunge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still feel that the main problems with the i3 firmware are caused by the webupdater and the inconsistency in the version of the voice files it is providing for different i3s (people randomly getting v2.0 to v2.4). Anyway I am off to bed now..........................
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did not use the webupdater this time and mine works fine with ver 3.0 but i have audio ver 2.0 Sad may well be the webupdater causing the problems
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StellaMaris wrote:
Almahadeus wrote:
I am just thinking here...... It seems that all the unit software (apart from main firmware) for the i3 is completely identical in version number, release date and file size to the unit software of my old c320 and it is also interesting that xImage software which is not meant for the i3 actually works perfectly on the i3 as you guys know. Now.. what would happen if the only missing software for the i3 (i.e. the audio software v2.4) is installed on the i3 from the c320's page?????? Has anyone tried this before? and is there anyone who is willing to take the plunge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still feel that the main problems with the i3 firmware are caused by the webupdater and the inconsistency in the version of the voice files it is providing for different i3s (people randomly getting v2.0 to v2.4). Anyway I am off to bed now..........................

For the forum, I tried it and it all looked good on the upload, BUT at the end it quoted an error and finished loading. Checked the about and hey presto version 2.4!

Tried to navigate in simulation mode and no sound. reverted to 2.7 which then put audio back to 2.00. Did the same simulation and voice worked.

All we need now if for Garmin to either give us an audio file for the i3 as a seperate file, or fix webupdater or v 3.00 to include 2.4 in its updates.

Don't try the Audio file for the CXX, it does not work.

Thanks Stella for testing the theory. interesting though that it had installed on the i3.
Imaskyver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Streetpilots screen says - System Software Missing Reply with quote

Tried updating to v 3.0, something has gone wrong, any ideas how to get it back up to seed and re-install the missing software? Crying or Very sad
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just got back from Holiday and have tentatively upgraded to 3.0 guess it can't be worse than 2.9!!! Will post my findings.
prasadm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for a long trip Nottingham to Ipswitch. Took my usual route M1-A14-A12(N). On the way back, it tried to take me to A1-A52 but I continued on A14. The unit continued to ask me to take U-turns even though U-turns is in the avoidance list. It kept recalculating and twice it froze over a period of about 2 minutes. (no map updates - screen appeared frozen). I must have been doing about 70-75, but I also noticed in atleast 2 places, the second instruction to turn left came as I was just passing the exit..

Also noticed that when I got on to M1, the top panel just showed M1 to M1 instead of the next junction. This section of the road had previously on a trip back from Milton Keynes, J14 of M1, showed each junction individually.. Appears strange and inconsistent..

I had contaced Garmin twice through their support web site regarding freeze problems on 2.9, but so far I have had no replies.. I don't know if there is any other way of contacting them..Although I don't use the unit extensively, don't know if it would cause problems when I really need it..

Wonder if I should put the system back to 2.7 which is what was there when the system was bought..

Settings,

GPS normal. Route preferance -Fastest time, Alerts on, Safe mode off, Map detail -Most, view 3D
No camera database, only additional 100 POIs.
Software 3.0 ( 2.7-2.9-3.0), Audio 2.0. Only Manual update (Not web)
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Streetpilots screen says - System Software Missing Reply with quote

Imaskyver wrote:
Tried updating to v 3.0, something has gone wrong, any ideas how to get it back up to seed and re-install the missing software? Crying or Very sad

If you mean you'd like to go back to v2.7 have you tried looking back just one page in this thread?
Samsung Galaxy S21
sacd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: version 3 Reply with quote

Tried version 3 this morning but I did a hard reset after installing it manually and it worked just fine-----so far!
slartibartfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Latest findings with v3.0 compared to 2.9 Reply with quote

slartibartfast wrote:
wibblemonster wrote:
If you cant follow the route from the initial start point eg you're pointing the opposite direction from the calculated route and cant tun around the unit takes ages before it recalculates. This only seems to be from the set off point and is okay once you're on the route (this fault was also in 2.9 and 2.82)

Thats exactly what I found with 2.9 but strangely 3.0 seems better and similar to 2.7. It does seem to get lost more during simulations though, the first time I tried one it left a roundabout at the same wrong exit at least twice. I'm sure it would have driven in circles forever if I hadn't intervened. I can't believe the earlier turn prompts fool it into taking the exit before it should in the same way some drivers have been fooled. Or could they?

3.0 did seem better until I tried updating the audio version using web update and now it's doing exactly what wibblemonster described again. I've contacted Garmin via the support page twice now, once about this issue and once about the audio version problem and have had no reply at all. They are really starting to Censored me off.
porky48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be quite honest I'm not going to bother upgrading ever again, what's the point? 2.70 works perfectly, the voice files work OK, the firmware works OK, the mapping works OK, it takes me where I want to go with a good degree of accuracy, in other words I does what it says on the tin.
My main problem is the lack of interest shown by Garmin, A good product but backed up with poor support.

The only thing I would like to do is upgrade the maps, I see that some people have managed to upgrade to v8 mapping free of charge, I have tried to contact Garmin but just sit listening to the message that my call is important to them, but they never answer, can anybody help me with this?

Ian
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

porky48 wrote:
The only thing I would like to do is upgrade the maps, I see that some people have managed to upgrade to v8 mapping free of charge, I have tried to contact Garmin but just sit listening to the message that my call is important to them, but they never answer, can anybody help me with this?

Ian

Just search for the thread on here about the v7 to v8 maps - why bother ringing them, just send off your card to the address like others have done.
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

porky48 wrote:
the only thing I would like to do is upgrade the maps, I see that some people have managed to upgrade to v8 mapping free of charge, I have tried to contact Garmin but just sit listening to the message that my call is important to them, but they never answer, can anybody help me with this?

Ian

v7 to v8 maps look here

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=36193

sorry for the diversion Embarassed
back to f/w 3.0 :D
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
Well just got back from Holiday and have tentatively upgraded to 3.0 guess it can't be worse than 2.9!!! Will post my findings.
I was wrong... It can be worse!!!

The screen refreshes are still really slow and when approaching one roundabout 1 road completely vanished (although it did come back just as I passed it).

I will pass my findings onto Garmin then back to 2.7 till 3.01 (or whatever they are going to call it) gets released.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: