Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - *** HELP *** I've registered & subscribed but can't down
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

*** HELP *** I've registered & subscribed but can't down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gklrgibson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: *** HELP *** I've registered & subscribed but can't down Reply with quote

Question I've just got my second Goodmans GNAV10 sat nav (first ones aerial connection broke). I've found your site, realised that I have to sign up with a full membership (1 month) and completed registration.
I've tried for two hours to download the speed camera databases but have been getting nowhere :x .
1. I'm not exactly sure what files I need to download.
2. The links in the forums which could tell me keep sending me back to subscription pages even though I'm a member (emails confirm all details)
3. Even though I'm logged in I cannot post a message on Destinator forum as it keeps asking for log-in details (if I refill them it just asks again and again.

Please help as I'm getting more and more frustrated.

Goodmans GNAV10
Destinator OP 5.1.174

Thanks in advance for any help
Megatso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: I've also registered & subscribed but can't download the Reply with quote

Hi, Sorry this is not a response as such but just adding my voice to yours in the hope we'll both get sorted. This is my 2nd post trying to get my subscription activated. Paid by Paypal since 11th April & still unable to access the camera database as I'm still not recognised as subscribed. Don't know about your model but there appears to be 2 types of files accepted by sat nav's for speed cameras (or other POI's - points of interest) csv & ov2. Anyway, go to this topic to answer your database queries. It took me a couple of attempts to get my head around all the explanations but I eventually got it. Now all I need is to get access to the database to 'do the thing!!!'

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17702&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

[img][/img]
gklrgibson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: subscription Reply with quote

I've managed to sort out everything. I was using Yahoo browser, now that I'm back with ie6 it let me into the pages okay. Now have all files and voices. Took some time to sort out but worth the hastle.
Hope you get yours sorted too.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I've also registered & subscribed but can't download Reply with quote

Megatso wrote:
Hi, Sorry this is not a response as such but just adding my voice to yours in the hope we'll both get sorted. This is my 2nd post trying to get my subscription activated. Paid by Paypal since 11th April & still unable to access the camera database as I'm still not recognised as subscribed. Don't know about your model but there appears to be 2 types of files accepted by sat nav's for speed cameras (or other POI's - points of interest) csv & ov2. Anyway, go to this topic to answer your database queries. It took me a couple of attempts to get my head around all the explanations but I eventually got it. Now all I need is to get access to the database to 'do the thing!!!'

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17702&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

[img][/img]

Hi Megatso,

Sorry, just spotted these 2 posts. Two of us have been away in Boston on business until this morning and due to our absence the others have been a little busy to say the least! Excuses, excuses eh? Embarassed

As you paid by cheque (eCheque) membership only kicks in after the cheque is cleared.

I have copied the following from the FAQs http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34829 It is also mentioned on the sign up page, but it is understandably missed with so much information around it Smile

Q. I've paid using PayPal. Why am I not a Member yet?

A. When you make a payment through PayPal that is funded by Instant Bank Transfer (the vast majority of transactions) we receive your payment and you become a Member immediately.

If you used eCheque we would not have received your payment immediately. Funds will only be received once cleared through the banking system. As soon as payment clears (usually up to 8 working days) you will receive your membership details automatically.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: subscription Reply with quote

gklrgibson wrote:
I've managed to sort out everything. I was using Yahoo browser, now that I'm back with ie6 it let me into the pages okay. Now have all files and voices. Took some time to sort out but worth the hastle.
Hope you get yours sorted too.

Hi,

Many apologies for no-one having spotted your question 'til now Embarassed

Any more problems, please let us know - we're usually a LOT quicker! Smile
Megatso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: I've also registered & subscribed but can't download Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
Megatso wrote:

[img][/img]

Hi Megatso,

Sorry, just spotted these 2 posts. Two of us have been away in Boston on business until this morning and due to our absence the others have been a little busy to say the least! Excuses, excuses eh? Embarassed

As you paid by cheque (eCheque) membership only kicks in after the cheque is cleared.

I have copied the following from the FAQs http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34829 It is also mentioned on the sign up page, but it is understandably missed with so much information around it Smile

A. When you make a payment through PayPal that is funded by Instant Bank Transfer (the vast majority of transactions) we receive your payment and you become a Member immediately.

If you used eCheque we would not have received your payment immediately. Funds will only be received once cleared through the banking system. As soon as payment clears (usually up to 8 working days) you will receive your membership details automatically.

Hi Rob, Thanks for the response. Was beginning to feel invisible for a while. Have sent the following email to accounts
"Please find attatched a confirmation email Paypal sent to me on 11/04/2006. I believe you should have received this payment by now and am awaiting activation of my membership status. Many thanks. Megatso."
And to think all this technology was supposed to make things quicker!!! Anyway, after a slow start, am enjoying the many interesting posts and the wealth of information on the site. Thanks and keep it up.
badger64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paid by paypal yesterday, got a confirmation, but still not able to access downloads? still says i am not a signed up member! any ideas.. badger64
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badger64 wrote:
paid by paypal yesterday, got a confirmation, but still not able to access downloads? still says i am not a signed up member! any ideas.. badger64

Did you pay by eCheque?
badger64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no paypal from bank account.. badger64
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badger64 wrote:
no paypal from bank account.. badger64

I have just checked with PayPal and they say you did pay with eCheque (please check your receipt). They say the expected clearing date is 3 May.

I have copied the following from our FAQs for your information:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34829

Hope this helps.
Megatso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I've also registered & subscribed but can't download Reply with quote

Megatso wrote:
robbrady wrote:
Megatso wrote:

[img][/img]

Hi Megatso,

Hi Rob, Thanks for the response. Was beginning to feel invisible for a while. Have sent the following email to accounts
"Please find attatched a confirmation email Paypal sent to me on 11/04/2006. I believe you should have received this payment by now and am awaiting activation of my membership status. Many thanks. Megatso."
And to think all this technology was supposed to make things quicker!!! Anyway, after a slow start, am enjoying the many interesting posts and the wealth of information on the site. Thanks and keep it up.

Hi Rob,
Thanks again for your help. You were absolutely right. I got "COMPLETED PAYMENT" confirmation today 25/4, 14 days after receiving payment confirmation from Paypal. Although this is not your (pocketgpsworld's) fault, it may pay you to make this clear somehow to future subscription applicants, ie paying by Paypal from a bank account means payment by echeque - a process that WILL take a LOT longer than depositing funds INTO the Paypal account BEFORE purchasing. Paypal do NOT make this clear and I was NOT aware I was paying by echeque (despite being asked). This appeared to be poor service on your part when in fact it was not at all and my membership was acknowledged IMMEDIATELY once payment was completed. I have also successfully downloaded the camera database and look forward to its use. Thanks once more. Megatso.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: I've also registered & subscribed but can't download Reply with quote

This is really important feedback - many thanks. We started reporting a 4 to 5 working day turnaround in our FAQs, then changed it to 8 days when we realised that what PayPal advertised wasn't necessarily correct.... but 14 days! 8O ... I'll change the FAQs again! Smile
Megatso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I've also registered & subscribed but can't download Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
This is really important feedback - many thanks. We started reporting a 4 to 5 working day turnaround in our FAQs, then changed it to 8 days when we realised that what PayPal advertised wasn't necessarily correct.... but 14 days! 8O ... I'll change the FAQs again! Smile

Assuming all responses from Paypal will take the same format, the 1st email subject from service@paypal.co.uk read "Receipt for Your Payment to PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd" whereas the 2nd email subject read "eCheque Payment Complete"... and it is ONLY the 2nd of these that counts. Hope this helps.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, yes it does Smile
xbox456
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I have been given a GNAV10 for my birthday, dut do not have a clue about updating or voice changes, I have been searching the forums in desperation for some advice for beginers but am struggling to find any.

Any information would be appreciated, I am sure the unit requires updating

regards,

Terry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: