Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Your opinions...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Your opinions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Your opinions... Reply with quote

I currently work for a mojor mobile phone company in the UK and we sell the Route66 software. I just want peoples opinions on the product. I myself have Tomtom but would just like to know what you lot think of it.

Thank you
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in Austria seem to like it

http://www.pocket.at/route66/index.htm

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Your opinions... Reply with quote

tcepser wrote:
I currently work for a mojor mobile phone company in the UK and we sell the Route66 software. I just want peoples opinions on the product. I myself have Tomtom but would just like to know what you lot think of it.

Thank you

I've been using the TomTom mobile 5 software on a Nokia 6600 for some time now it's very good but I think TomTom are very arrogant and unhelpful!!
They seem to have the monopoly on mobile phone sat-nav systems and don't care about anything.

I've also been using the Route 66 2005 version which is a little less user friendly (but maybe thats because I'm so used to the tomtom software) although it does work very well and the FREE "traffic updates" are excellent, as it offers to reroute you to avoid the delays, sometimes in very strange directions I have to admit.

I have now got Route 66 mobile 7 with the latest update (7.0.989) and will be trying this for the next few weeks on my new Nokia N70 using Brodit proclip and holder.
Just changed the holder to use the N70.
As a service engineer should be able to put it through some good testing in the next few weeks.
From the quick playing about with it, the graphics seem much improved and the map data is much better, It now shows my street!!

I'm hoping more people will start to use Route 66 just to give TomTom a bit of a slap.
Lets be right TomTom don't sell the software on it's own, you need to buy the full software which is no good if you already have a GPS receiver!
They also want another £75 per year for traffic updates. I called them to ask about using the software on my new mobile phone, what a nightmare, they want proof of purchase of the phone and the software and god knows what else, I asked if this was really needed, at which point the woman starting going off on one saying it's my fault I should read the terms and conditions and thats how it is, basically tough!!! Evil or Very Mad

When asking Route 66 for advice they have sent me E-mails very quickly and answered questions I've asked.

Hope this helps.

Ian
vipergrm
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have recently purchased Route66 Navigate 7 for Pocket PC. The problem that I have is, when I switch off my PDA and put it back on again, I get an error message 'Please insert memory card'. I then have to restart the program. I find this most annoying. Apart from that I really like the software. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: