Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route 66 Mini help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route 66 Mini help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny_R
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Route 66 Mini help please Reply with quote

so, I work as a driver, trawling all over the UK to various locations, our old Navman (5 years old!) finally gave up the ghost. Work got us 2 x Route 66 mini sat navs less than 6 months ago.

number 1 is giving the error

Quote:
ERROR
Engine initialization error. Error code 0x10005. Please reinstall the application.

Go to re-install but because its erroring the R66 program doesnt detect that its plugged into my PC or it tells me to re-start it, I dont have a card reader either, is there another way to fix this that anyone knows of?

I was temporarily using my backup R66 mini, after just a few days of the first one dying on us the seccond one is now having problems...

number 2 is displaying that the card is either not there or not being recognised - again no card reader but haven't got that one with me to try direct to the R66 program so dont know if that will work on my PC

any suggestions would be great as although we have a vast A-Z collection, its not a complete collection but it is a complete pain in the arse using them....please help me

Cheers

Danny
johalareewi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you are using the Route66 Sync program? Which version are you using? Are you using XP or Vista?

I have problems doing large file transfers to the Route66 mini with XP (Vista is more stable). To be honest, you are far better off getting a USB SD card reader for your PC and going direct to the SD card. It is so much faster and less prone to crash. You can get them for not a lot (£2.99 or less try 7dayshop.com for example).

With your Minis, did you get the latest software update? The original that came with my Mini was dreadful. The update fixed a lot of bugs!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: