Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Suppressing duplicated POI's with POI Manager.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Suppressing duplicated POI's with POI Manager.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Suppressing duplicated POI's with POI Manager. Reply with quote

Hello guys.

I'm using POI Manager to suppress from a master file POI entries that are in a specific radius (Let's say 20 meters).

[url] http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/poimanager.html [/url]

But there is an option I do not understand in that nice program, which is around the "Duplicate Options" choices.

I do not understand the difference between the "Delete if < 1" and "Delete if < 20 meters".

Indeed, even If I enter a radius of 20 meters, and I select "Delete if < 1", it is also deleting the items between 1 and 20, where I was expecting him to only delete the items being "< 1 meter".

I already sent out mails to the developper, but I don't want to bother him again with this ...

so someone who could try that tool and let me know, I would appreciate it very much !!

Many Thanks !
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the answer, but on the right there is a Match Radius Selection Box. Try setting this to 1.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy,

If you set the "Match Radius" to 1, then it appears on the bottom left :

"Delecte if <1 or <1 meters"

and you can select either
"<1"
or
"<1 meters"

If you set 20 meters in the Radius, then it appears :
"Delecte if <1 or <20 meters"

But even if you select "<1", it is also deleting things between 1 and 20 meters ?!?

I really do not understand.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Suppressing duplicated POI's with POI Manager. Reply with quote

cdelecole wrote:
Hello guys.

I'm using POI Manager to suppress from a master file POI entries that are in a specific radius (Let's say 20 meters).

[url] http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/poimanager.html [/url]

But there is an option I do not understand in that nice program, which is around the "Duplicate Options" choices.

I do not understand the difference between the "Delete if < 1" and "Delete if < 20 meters".

Indeed, even If I enter a radius of 20 meters, and I select "Delete if < 1", it is also deleting the items between 1 and 20, where I was expecting him to only delete the items being "< 1 meter".

I already sent out mails to the developper, but I don't want to bother him again with this ...

so someone who could try that tool and let me know, I would appreciate it very much !!

Many Thanks !

I have tried explaining this to you via email, I am the developer Smile , and I gave up because we seemed to be going over the same ground.

Anyway, I hope that this will help.

When checking a Master file for duplicates if you select a Match Radius of 20 Metres and tick the Delete if < 1 box POIManager will do the following

1. It will NOT send to the Output file those POI that are closer than 1 metre to the current master POI.

2. It will give you the option to "Keep" or "Delete Master Entry" for any duplicates between your selected radius (20 metres in this example) and 1 metre. Obviously, if you select "Keep" then the matching POI will still be sent to the Output file.

You can delete duplicates within the selected radius without the chance to review them by ticking the Delete if < 20 metres box. You will notice that I untick the < 1 box which, I hope, makes the match condition clear.

Richard
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

Many Thanks ...
I didn't want to bother you again with this, since you already answered to me several times by mail ... but to be honnest, it was still not clear to me Embarassed

So,

"Delete if < 1"
will delete everything below 1 meter, and keep or delete (we decide) everything between 1 and "Match Radius"

"Delete if < Match Radius"
will delete everything under "Match radius" without prompting.

I think that is crystal clear, now ... many Thanks, and thanks for that tool, which is I think the only one allowing to to this.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes :D your summary is spot on. Have fun Wink

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: