Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT300 "no gps device" when turned on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT300 "no gps device" when turned on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: TT300 "no gps device" when turned on Reply with quote

Hi all, just got my tomtom go 300 today, wacked the sd card in, went outside, turned it on, got the splash screen and then a screen which it looked like it was reading the sd card. THEN i get a blue screen and at the bottom it says "no gps device" ? i cant actually do anything with it ?

someone help meee Crying or Very sad please

Cheers

James
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring it back to the shop for replacement
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: TT300 "no gps device" when turned on Reply with quote

jamez wrote:
Hi all, just got my tomtom go 300 today, wacked the sd card in, went outside, turned it on, got the splash screen and then a screen which it looked like it was reading the sd card. THEN i get a blue screen and at the bottom it says "no gps device" ? i cant actually do anything with it ?

someone help meee Crying or Very sad please

Cheers

James

The message "no gps device" flashes up sometimes when you first switch it on, but then should switch to something about signals.

When the message stayed up, mine had to go back to TomTom Sad (but service was quick and efficient and no cost to me Smile ) - however I could use all the menus, browse the maps etc.

So it sounds like it's faulty so take it back if you have just brought it
jamez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies people. unfortunately i got it from ebay ! was advertised as brand new though. ive contacted the seller, and ive contacted tomtom support, just a waiting game now, big disappointment.
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamez wrote:
thanks for the replies people. unfortunately i got it from ebay ! was advertised as brand new though. ive contacted the seller, and ive contacted tomtom support, just a waiting game now, big disappointment.

Was it shrink wrapped when you first opened it???, or did you buy it as second hand??

I hope your not another person who's been ripped off by ebay selling 'Dodgy Goods'
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already had a couple of customers who bought GOs advertised as new on eBay and apparently shrink-wrapped. Both units had exactly the same problem as James' - no GPS device.
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
I've already had a couple of customers who bought GOs advertised as new on eBay and apparently shrink-wrapped. Both units had exactly the same problem as James' - no GPS device.

This happened to me, the problem appeared to be caused by a SD card that didnt have enough free space on it.

In order to fix it I did all the following (It may be that one or more of the steps wasnt necessary but here's what fixed it)

reset it via the hole on the bottom
reset to factory settings
copy files to bigger SD card (properly, read how to do it here if you arent sure)
download latest OS

Its fine now and has been for weeks, even though for many hours (before I could get a bigger SD card) it was often reporting 'no GPS device'

HTH,
Tumbleweed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: