Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Stolen docking station
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen docking station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Stolen SatNav?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feenix
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Stolen docking station Reply with quote

Came out of work in stockport last Wednesday to find that some little scrote had put a brick through my window to steal the docking station from the dash of my car.
The tt was not in my car, it never is unless its in use, but it still cost me fortune for the damage to the car, for what would have sold for maybe £20 quid. Little $hites.
hevz555
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got off quite lucky then!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The presence of the docking station is usually taken as an indicator the GPS is in the glove box.

They probably took the docking station as it was better than nothing! Best to hide the docking station in future and leave NO clue that you have / use GPS.
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also it has apparently been known for vehicles to be broken into purely because of the tell tale sucker mark left behind on the windscreen when the mount has been removed.
So whether you take everything with you or hide it all out of site it would also be worth just wiping the inside of the screen.
Obviously a pain but certainly less pain than dealing with the aftermath of a break in.
Charliecheck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Stolen 910 Reply with quote

I was visiting friends in UK, it seemed as though everyone was almost paranoid about speed cameras and break-ins, here near Munich we are not as security conscious, there is no need (YET!). Very sad for England!
We went visiting friends in Blackheath, private road, very confidence inspiring, alarms all over the place.
Left my 910 in the car :x and of course it got bricked and nicked
Yes, very stupid of me, but after the battle everybody is a general!
The Police did not even ask about the serial nr., I think they did not really want to know, yet if they do not catch them young and stupid, they will never catch them later old and smart!
The article from the Chief Commissioner of Metropolitan Police about fewer burglaries yesterday really added insult to injury! What a twit!
If the industry does not start a database of nicked units (why should they, they are earning from the thieving boom) i feel we, the users - and potential victims - must get together and do something about it SOON!
Just needed your shoulder to cry on, thanks!
Charliecheck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Stolen SatNav? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: