Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - AUDI cigar lighter fuse blows?????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

AUDI cigar lighter fuse blows?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSpock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: AUDI cigar lighter fuse blows????? Reply with quote

Guys,
Anyone else have this problem? I bought an in car battery charger for my TomTom GPS receiver. Intermittently the charger keeps blowing the fuse in my car - A4 avant (2004). This happens in the rear luggage compartment and also the driver's cigar lighter. Anyone else get this problem? I spoke to the AUDI dealer and they say that since the advent of recharging mobile phones this is a common problem. Something to do with the prongs of the charger being too long and touching the bodywork, thus shorting out the circuit and blowing the fuse.

Anyone else have this problem with an AUDI or any other car for that matter? Anyone recommend a good charger that does not keep blowing the fuse?

I also want to buy an in car charger for my Motorola V3. Any ideas about a good one?

Regards,
Steve
mburton2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My OH has the same problem with her 2001 Fiesta. It turns out the Fiesta has the US sized lighter socket, not the std EU size (1.5mm difference). On SOME accessory plugs, this can cause a problem.

I've managed to find a removal tool, and put an EU socket in her car, it all works ok now.
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens again and again with the same adapter, you might have to suspect the adapter itself rathan tha the car socket.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: