Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Incorrect Direction Arrow?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect Direction Arrow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Incorrect Direction Arrow? Reply with quote

Whilst reviewing a set of directions (wanted to see if the i3 could come up with a better route) i noticed this annomaliy....

Coming up the A217 towards the M25 junction at Reigate.....

Looks like it directs you the wrong way round the roundabout....

It does!

Now not a major problem but are there many more errors like this and could any cause accidents etc??

What ever route i set up to include the roundabout it always shows the arrow on the wrong side. Not sure what happens on the way back yet as i haven't made the journey yet....
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww rats. I thought i'd used the correct links from ImageShack.

Mods please delete if the image sizes are a problem and will repost....
Oneway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spotted another error when it calcs routes, I asked it to find a mates house which I know is 173miles from my house, it came up with the correct route but stated it was 138miles as a total figure. I added up all miles for each bit of the journey on the I3 'review turns' and it came to 174miles but it stated a total of 134miles, when I saved the route under 'my favs'.
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneway wrote:
I spotted another error when it calcs routes, I asked it to find a mates house which I know is 173miles from my house, it came up with the correct route but stated it was 138miles as a total figure. I added up all miles for each bit of the journey on the I3 'review turns' and it came to 174miles but it stated a total of 134miles, when I saved the route under 'my favs'.

When viewed under favourites or recent finds it will give you the distance as the crows flies until you select your destination.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yup. This caused an argument with my wife over the distance to her parents in Durham as it was 70 odd miles shorter than she said it. Then i realised it's as the Crow Flies (straight line) and it's not totalling the distance....
Oneway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh thanks for correcting me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: