Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: SysOnChip CF Plus GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: SysOnChip CF Plus GPS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: SysOnChip CF Plus GPS Reply with quote

Reviewing GPS products can sometime be quite a chore. Not all products live up to their name or your expectations, or even to the basic concept of Global Positioning Systems, but when you get products that are not only the top of their class, but go beyond the top of the class, it's a real pleasure to review them!

We've just reviewed the new SysOnChip Compact Flash Plus GPS Receiver, and this really is top of the class compared to other Compact Flash GPS Receivers we've reviewed. Think Emtac Bluetooth for signal wise, but better!

The full review can be read here

Last edited by Dave on Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
onbashi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: SysOnChip CF Plus GPS Reply with quote

And now for the big question, How Much???????

Im impressed, I got toget me one of these...

Chorlie
Regular Visitor

You beat me to the BIG question, so How Much & where can we buy one.....?

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately it's not yet available in the UK but I've been in talks with SysOnChip to bring it over here to several online GPS retailers. The retail price is expected to be around 230 Euro's to the consumer, but may vary depending on where you purchase it from.

I'm really impressed with the CF Plus GPS, it's a good all round performer!
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Dave,

The GPS being sold by Teletype at $169 looks like the same unit. The reviewed unit certainly seems to be a good one - no, I must not be tempted.

Richard
onbashi
Regular Visitor

the teletype version appears to not be waas compatible, is the sysonchip?

and if it is, what on earth is it? it sounds like something from a bud advert!!
Maxime
Occasional Visitor

It is the same technnology GPS CF SIRF Xtrax as the Holux GM270 Ultra and the Fortuna PocketTrack Xtrac, but it has inconvenients, when one uses him with TomTom Navigator, it has a delay of 100 to 150 meters in relation to the reality of the land. I tested a Xtrac Fortuna. It is the same problem with the Holux Ultra.

It is sold in Europe at www.tsgps.of to the price of 195 €.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

onbashi, it doesn't support WAAS. Wide Area Augmentation System

Maxime, I didn't witness any delays in proximity of 100 to 150 meters in my test, I'll re-check this, but it seems as accurate as the majority of GPS Receivers I've tested and reviewed.
simkna
Regular Visitor

The main problem with it to me seems to be the shape. I leave my Holux in my PPC all the time, but due to the length of the Sysonchip unit, I don't think that would be possible.

Si.
onbashi
Regular Visitor

cheers dave, sounds like a real strange funtion of the human anatomy!!!
Maxime
Occasional Visitor

Dave, yet there were tests of achieved by several people who noted this latency with the Xtrac system of Sirf. If you roll yourselves slowly don't perceive of the latency, in fact, more you roll more quickly this latency is perceptible.

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 17 August 2003

onbashi, it doesn't support WAAS. Wide Area Augmentation System

Maxime, I didn't witness any delays in proximity of 100 to 150 meters in my test, I'll re-check this, but it seems as accurate as the majority of GPS Receivers I've tested and reviewed.

Taageer
Occasional Visitor

Newbie to all this.

Have an 2210.

Will it be supply with a cigar power lead?

Do I have to buy maps for the SysOnChip when it comes to the U.K.?

What else do I need?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Maxime, the difference maybe when the CF Plus is used in SiRF mode, I never witnessed any lag when in NMEA.

Taageer, Yes you will have to by software and maps, the SysOnChp CF Plus like all GPS Receivers, are sold seperately and you will need to purchase software+maps. The only exception is GPS bundles where hardware, software and maps are sold in one package, like TomTom Navigator 2, Navman GPS 3450, Navman GPS 4400, CoPilot Live, PowerLOC Destinator 2.

The only other thing you may need is a mount to hold your Pocket PC up to the dashboard.
Thitho
Occasional Visitor

hi,

i only wants to say: the sysonchip works great!!

and there is no delay like described from the fortuna pocket track xtrac. and if you want one, too, you will find it!

Chorlie
Regular Visitor

So does anyone know where I can buy one (I'm based in the UK). I use a CF Fortuna PocketTrack, is it worth upgrading to this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: