Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - H G V speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

H G V speed cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpeard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
easy way not to get done

single carrageway 40 mph unless there is a centeral reservation then it becomes 50

Err no...........

There are plenty with 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 or NSL limits.

For an LGV the limit would then be between 30 and 50 depending on the road - or 30 and 40 if it was a single carriageway.
ronslost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deffinition of a "DUAL CARRIGEWAY" , A dual carriageway or divided highway is a road or highway in which the two directions of traffic are separated by a central barrier or strip of land, known as a central reservation or median and only then does the 50mph limit apply,(unless stated otherwise !) as far as I'm concerned. Theres many 3 laned roads i use at work, tidal flows and the like, but there not NSL !

this still catches some of our drivers out !
what do points make ?............. as a famous game show host once said.... Razz
ScottMoffatt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding that camera on A556, a friend of mine has received a NIP for "exceed 50mph (unmanned camera)"
"Your recorded speed was 46mph"

Now, the law quoted is "S84 RTRA 84 Sch 2 RTOA 88 & Local Order"

So, as I interpret it, the alleged law has not been broken, because the statutory 50mph speed limit on that road was not exceeded. They've even put that in black and white.

Having a look through the road traffic act, it seems that the section quoted should have been section 86.

How is it best to proceed with this? Is it simple, or will it require the sevices of a solicitor?
ScottMoffatt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success!
My mate sought the advice of a motoring solicitor, who wasn't interested and said that the error would not be fatal to the case.
I didn't agree, as the error was so specific in quoting the wrong section of the road traffic regulation act.

I drafted a letter for my mate to send back with the NIP, asking how the alleged offence could have been committed if his recorded speed was 46.
He filled in the back of the NIP to say he was the driver at the time. He wasn't disputing that part.

Consequently, the camera partnership replied that they would be taking no further action due to the incorrect information being entered on the NIP by the viewer - a "very rare occurrence" they say...

They did go on to explain that the speed limit was 40 for the goods vehicle on a single carriageway, please respect the speed limits, etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: