Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Headphone 4 Garmin Quest 2 and motorcycle.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Headphone 4 Garmin Quest 2 and motorcycle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonBauer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Headphone 4 Garmin Quest 2 and motorcycle. Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just got the Quest 2 and am looking for some advice...

I am mounting it to my motorcycle using Garmin's kit, which has a mini RCA jack for an earbud. Does anyone else do this? If so, what do you use for an earbud? I found this one, but am unsure if the voice would come in clearly...

https://www.beltronics.com/cp/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=store&sub_pg=prod&ref=32

Anyone have any other advice? I only want to use this for the Garmin, nothing else (no iPod for me while riding, thanks).

- Thanx
- Jon
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Quest will supply enough volume to hear directions while using earbuds. Volume is adjusted by holding the speaker button.

Keep in mind that using earbuds that do not directly go into your ears, the position outside the ear is very critical. Half a centimeter up or down can make a huge difference in volume.

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'
JonBauer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can use two earbuds, but it seems like overkill... I just want to be able to hear the tones and the verbal instructions so that I don't miss turns...

Wondering if anyone has a simple solution other than the one I linked to above (not sure if that one can play audio other than beeping (it's made for a radar detector)).

- Jon
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.gps.nl has a special bicycle mount that would do just fine.

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'
skellum
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonBauer wrote:
I guess I can use two earbuds, but it seems like overkill... I just want to be able to hear the tones and the verbal instructions so that I don't miss turns...

Wondering if anyone has a simple solution other than the one I linked to above (not sure if that one can play audio other than beeping (it's made for a radar detector)).

- Jon

I have mine plugged straight into an autocom system so the audio from the Garmin goes straight through the intercom system to my helmet - it works very well!
titusni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skellum wrote:

I have mine plugged straight into an autocom system so the audio from the Garmin goes straight through the intercom system to my helmet - it works very well!

I also have a Quest 1 with the Garmin cradle connected to my Autocom - have you noticed much interference/hum from either the GPS audio or music input (if you use it) on the Autocom?

I'm getting some slight background noise on the GPS sound - its likely due to my audio lead from Quest ot Autocom passing by the front HT leads but there's no way I can route the lead to avoid this...
scoobyweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the isolated lead for your Autocom (Part 57)?
I have and haven't noticed any interference.[/url]
skellum
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titusni wrote:
I also have a Quest 1 with the Garmin cradle connected to my Autocom - have you noticed much interference/hum from either the GPS audio or music input (if you use it) on the Autocom?

I'm getting some slight background noise on the GPS sound - its likely due to my audio lead from Quest ot Autocom passing by the front HT leads but there's no way I can route the lead to avoid this...

Autocom supplied me with a GPS/Mobile phone connector and now both mp3 & GPS output to my helmet is crystal clear - haven't tried mobile phone connection yet!
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to consider this:-

http://www.equinoxmc.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36

They are flat speakers which go inside your helmet and have a quick release connector to hook up to the audio device of your choice. Easier to wear than earphones with a helmet (mine kept falling out or coming loose when I pulled the helmet on over them, resulting in several minutes fiddling about with a hand inside my helmet trying to get them back in position) and you don't have to go through the whole rigmarole again after you've stopped for a break.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: