Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Navigation for i-Mate K-Jam (Qtek 9100)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Navigation for i-Mate K-Jam (Qtek 9100)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-JamUser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: GPS Navigation for i-Mate K-Jam (Qtek 9100) Reply with quote

I am very new to the whole realm of navigation software. I am looking for a GPS receiver (preferably Bluetooth) and software that will run on an i-Mate K-Jam softphone running Windows Mobile 5. The phone has Bluetooth as well as 802.11g support, but it only has a mini-SD card slot. I will use this for navigation mostly in the car in the US, but I travel to Europe frequently, so I would like to have an option for European maps, as well. I have looked at the TomTom site, and my PDA/Phone is not listed as one of the supported devices. I'm not sure if the mini SD card is the issue or if there are other potential problems. I have submitted an email to TomTom, but I haven't received a response and it's been a week already. Based on comments I've seen, this seems to be typical for TomTom. Given how new I am to this, the lack of response concerns me as well. Can someone give me a recommendation for a GPS receiver and navigation software that will work with my unit?

Thanks,
K-Jam User
EasyD2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi K-JamUser,
TomTom should work with your device. I think the main issue is with the installation files and it therefore needs to be manually installed. Of course it is supplied on an SD card and not a mini-SD, so you do have a slight issue there.
Alternatively, you could look at CoPilot 6.

Tel: 0871 7000 156
Globalsat UK Distributor
K-JamUser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: TTN5 with Imate K-Jam Reply with quote

OK, I really need everyone's help now. Based on the recommendations, I purchased TomTom Navigator 5. I went to install it on my desktop following the directions in the package. After inserting a 256 MB mini-SD card in the K-Jam and connecting it to my PC via the USB port, I inserted the TTN5 Application CD and the setup program started. I agreed to the Liscense Agreement and then it started the Resource CD Setup. I selected "Install the Application" and it said "The following applications will be installed on your device
TomTom Navigator
TomTom PIM Add-In
TomTom GPS
TomTom Wizard
English - Lori (US)

I selected the right arrow, and it started installing. Then I got a Windows Fatal Error, that asked me the usual questions about reporting the problem. It then kicked me out of the setup program.

Can someone help me install this? The previous post mentioned that I would have to do this manually, but there don't seem to be any directions on this.

Please Help,
K-Jam User
K-JamUser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Installing TTN5 on K-Jam Reply with quote

By the way, I did not receive an SD card with the TTN5 that I ordered from Amazon. It doesn't even indicate that there is supposed to be one in the box
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read about in these pages, Tom Tom (indeed most of the GPS software packages) have an issue with the Windows Mobile 5 but the latest update from Tom Tom addresses this apparently.

I actually just think you're installing it incorrectly but can't advise as I don't have you're setup but at least with the update you're not multiplying your chance of errors.

My best advice to anyone experiencing technical problems is to put the kettle on and read the manual. Patronising that may be but I do speak from experience and have spent many hours frustrated that I'm getting nowhere only to discover that it was an I/O ERROR ...... (where I/O stands for 'idiot operator' Laughing in my case! )
Holux GPSslim
Denis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I am running TomTom Navigator 5.21 an a K-JAM with no problems after I had help From this site. When I purchased TTN5 it was on an sd card, I bought a card reader, transfered the files to a mini sd card and from there on it worked after installing from the 2557 folder on the memory card.
Denis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry forgot to give you a link to the thread I had started, here it is http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33403

Good luck with it
Denis
MikeyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a similar jam to KJAM User. I have recently moved from an XDAii to an XDA Mini S (A KJAM by anyother name) So how can I install TomTom 5 and then the updates for 5.2 from a CD using Active Sync?

Help Please as the other forums talk about installing it from the SD Card.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just down load the latest TomTom Nav application from www.tomtom.com and install it via active sync (this version will work fine with your device) - Mike
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way to install tomtom 3 on to the k jam is to install the lastest version from the tomtom website the update is the whole application this will install via activesync you should then be able to activate you maps after that you will be up and running

if you got a disc with the maps and software on then it will most likely be the initial release verison that is on the disc not the update the initial release will run on a wm5 device with out an problems you just have to get to the cab files and install the cab files from the sd card

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
MikeyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike Alder,

I was confusing myself. I keep thinking of the XDA Mini S as a Smart Phone, not a PDA. Silly me. That seems to have worked fine now. Thanks for everything.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: