Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nintendo DS Lost at the Basingstoke GPS Event
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nintendo DS Lost at the Basingstoke GPS Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Nintendo DS Lost at the Basingstoke GPS Event Reply with quote

To say that the Basingstoke GPS Event was busy would be a bit of an understatement. Once again I would like to thank everyone who atteneded for looking after all our personal equipment once again. We all went home with our entire collection of GPS equipment. Thank you once again.

I have had a message from one of the parents of a boy who attended the show, and lost his Nintendo DS. His mum said:

Quote:
My son lost his Nintendo DS, which was in a silver grey case. It also contained 5 games : Metroid prime hunter demo, Nintendogs, Spiderman 2, Yoshi touch and go and Mario 64 DS. The Nintendo itself was silver. He was quite distraught and it would be wonderful if someone had found it !

The Nintendo was not found when we cleared the hall.

If anyone has seen this please email mike@pocketgpsworld.com.
BigH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

a superb event - this was my first but won't be the last, many thanks to the organisers and sponsors.

Looking forward to the next one sometime soon.
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree, but bloody hell, maybe somewhere a tad larger next time. The place was so packed it was extemely difficuly to move 6 inches in any direction. Talk about sardines! But, I enjoyed it, good event! Nice sardines!

Damn shame about the kids DS. Hope it turns up.
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, excellent if rather cramped event. Trust next year's will be north of the Watford Gap!

bryanbellis wrote:
Damn shame about the kids DS. Hope it turns up.

Why on earth does a kid need such an advanced, if inexpensive, GPS Safety Camera Detector as the DS? Perhaps he bought it from the Drive Smart stand where they were understandably selling like hot cakes!!
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unfortunately could not make it, had car problems on the day... it would be nice if the next event was up North...possibly Manchester???

ex - TOMTOM Nokia N95
ex - TOMTOM GO 700
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 5 on XDA IIi
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA II
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazimyounis wrote:
I unfortunately could not make it, had car problems on the day... it would be nice if the next event was up North...possibly Manchester???

We'll definitely have one near you sometime next year and one farther North too Smile
vxer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Well Done All Reply with quote

Darren/Mike/Lutz & Crew

Well done to all of you. A good event - if slightly crowded. From talking to Darren I understand the issues of "no-shows" and whether you should over (or under!) do it. Having registered in advance I was surprised not to be asked to check my res. I think this is a mistake. I accept that most people won't wander in but it might help. Also, as constructive criticism - make it a bit easier to find you guys (like the Pocket GPS help desk!). Mark them up (sign above the stand) and have everone's name on the badges (not just "moderator"). Some of you we only know through the forum.....

Here's to the next one!! Sorry for the Northerners but perhaps the overwhelming popularity thsi time has just a little to do with the Southern (and relatively central) location?

Thanks

Malcolm
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Nintendo DS Lost at the Basingstoke GPS Event Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
To say that the Basingstoke GPS Event was busy would be a bit of an understatement. Once again I would like to thank everyone who atteneded for looking after all our personal equipment once again. We all went home with our entire collection of GPS equipment. Thank you once again.

I have had a message from one of the parents of a boy who attended the show, and lost his Nintendo DS. His mum said:

Quote:
My son lost his Nintendo DS, which was in a silver grey case. It also contained 5 games : Metroid prime hunter demo, Nintendogs, Spiderman 2, Yoshi touch and go and Mario 64 DS. The Nintendo itself was silver. He was quite distraught and it would be wonderful if someone had found it !

The Nintendo was not found when we cleared the hall.

If anyone has seen this please email mike@pocketgpsworld.com.

I can tell you that the lady in question is not amused.....
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
Did everyone win all the raffle prizes on the day or were there prizes that were not won and need to be picked up...

Please can we have an official confirmation as there were many prizes and i know many people who bought tickets that went home before the raffle was drawn at 13:00pm which included myself and friends, we were promised by the organisers selling the raffle tickets that people who couldn't stay for the draw needn't worry as the ticket numbers of winning tickets unclaimed would be put on the website so people could collect there prize

Next time the venue should be 3 times the size as i couldn't get to see half the gadgets on show because i had a dozen or so people in front all trying to do the same, was a bit of a joke to be honest.... Rolling Eyes

We are in the process of completing the wrap up of the event. There were 2 tickest unclaimed. Yellow 411 and Yellow 204. We will be reporting on this fully in a short while.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
Next time the venue should be 3 times the size as i couldn't get to see half the gadgets on show because i had a dozen or so people in front all trying to do the same, was a bit of a joke to be honest.... Rolling Eyes

We couldn't agree more but it's quite a task estimating attendance. In the past we've had anything from 40 - 60% of pre-registered numbers attending, Saturday was near 100% which took us all by surprise.

It's great to know the support is out there and the next event will be very much bigger and very much better!
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nintendo DS has been found and is now on it's way back to it's owner.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Jumping With Joy
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. i was just going to mention that i heard that there will be a price drop on them soon. I might get one, i hear advance wars is a great way to to kill time on the tube.
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

May I ask that those of us that were lucky to win one of the prizes at the event, how do we go about warranty as obviously we do not have a sales receipt.

regards

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forky wrote:
Hi Guys

May I ask that those of us that were lucky to win one of the prizes at the event, how do we go about warranty as obviously we do not have a sales receipt.

regards

Any probs, drop me an email and I will put you in touch with the supplier of that prize item.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: