Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - -=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

-=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: rotating screen Reply with quote

hi. I used this forum to successfully convert my medion 96800 to run tomtom5. while TT is running it is possible to rotate the screen in 90 degree stages. what I'd like to know is this, can the screen be rotated whilst in windowsCE before I actually start tomtom. I've tried to do it in control panel to no avail. any ideas anyone?
amhosib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now installed TomTom v5.21 on many medion units including a mdpna150,as well as 95900, both of which are landscape in orientation.
You select the landsacpe within TomTom by rotating the screen, and it is automatically stored for future use (at least on mine).
TomTom now always starts in correct landscape mode.
Which version of TomTom are you using?
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: rotating screen Reply with quote

i wasn't going to post a lengthy explanation but i can see that i'm going to have to in order to clarify what i'm up to.

i'm using tomtom 5 on the medion 96800
I know how to rotate the screen when in tomtom 5
i uninstalled t5
i installed tomtom6 but it freezes when i start the programme
only a soft reset gets me out of it

i installed TT6 on my mio P350
TT6 will only start on the P350 if the windows os is in portrait.
if i start TT6 whilst windows is in landscape it freezes.(same symptom)

my thought process is that if i can get the windowsce on the 96800 to rotate from landscape into portrait when i run the TT6 programme may start giving me more upto date maps
scottgw82
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i have a medion pna 250t, when i get to step 5 and do the soft re set the regedit file appears like you said but go streight back off again, you've got to help me with this its driving me mad!!

thanks,

scott
dogsofwar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am runninning TomTom Nav 5 on a Medion MD PNA 175 and if you guys want to know how to make the little bars display how many sat's you are seeing/signal strength...install an app called GAPI, I found it by accident while looking for other software that will run on a Medion, found quite a bit of stuff and the app as mentioned, lost the link but google it and see what you find, after I installed this app everything worked properley in TomTom the sat bars turn blue now when it has a fix and the signal strength is displayed in the display bar, hope this is of use to you guys.
ImCrackers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works well on a mdpna175 but theres a big problem that i cant work out. if you let the battery go flat you loose all tomtom setup you have to do the whole process again. has anyone else had this adn if so can it be fixed ?
smifo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: 210 Reply with quote

Hi All

Will the tutorial for the 175 work on the 210? I have used the search button, but can't find any specific posts about putting tomtom the 210.

Help always gratefully received.

Smifo Confused
hoodbran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: GAPI Reply with quote

i found it here http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html
liza283
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've followed the wonderful instruction on how to access Windows CE on the Medion 175 thanks to the chap that posted it. However, not only am I turning blonde by the sec, its now being pulled out by the roots! I copied the tomtom 5 to the sd card using the card reader. but how to get it activated is a mystery to me. Nothing is happening. If someone has an idiot guide on how to install the tom tom please contact me. I succesfully installed tomtom onto an spv m2000. But onto this Medion 175 unit is beyond me. Email me, phone me even! i'm despertate haha
Gazdaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImCrackers wrote:
This works well on a mdpna175 but theres a big problem that i cant work out. if you let the battery go flat you loose all tomtom setup you have to do the whole process again. has anyone else had this adn if so can it be fixed ?

Hi guys, a big thanks for this tutorial, got it working perfectly. But I have the problem listed above, and as my Sat Nav gets older, and I use it less, it always seems to be dead when I come to use it.

Forcing me to put the old Navigon SD card back in, and use the useless Navigon software.

Anyone got any tips, or where to start?

All I really need to do is edit the standard installation so it does the hack on itself when it 'installs'.

Gaz
GsiSte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
ImCrackers wrote:

Hi guys, a big thanks for this tutorial, got it working perfectly. But I have the problem listed above, and as my Sat Nav gets older, and I use it less, it always seems to be dead when I come to use it.

Forcing me to put the old Navigon SD card back in, and use the useless Navigon software.

Anyone got any tips, or where to start?

All I really need to do is edit the standard installation so it does the hack on itself when it 'installs'.

Gaz

From memory the old Navigon program is stored on ROM where as the hacks that boot to tomtom on the SD card use RAM. The trouble with the RAM is its wiped when the battery goes flat and there is nothing you can do to stop it apart from a new battery.
Gazdaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder as much, as luck would have it I bought a new battery a few hours ago. £8.99 off eBay. Should stave off the majority of the problems.

I also found that I hadn't put the original Navigon install files on the SD card I was storing TTN on. So when the battery died, the entire GPS was rendered useless. At least now in the worst case I'll simply have to use the Navigon software, crap as it is.

Thanks

Gaz

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: