Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - -=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

-=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: -=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175 Reply with quote

Hey Guys

Many people are still leaving posts about this subject, many people seem to be saying this is not possible...Well.....it is...Follow these steps to install Tom Tom, speed cameras and Postcode support on your Medion 175

Before i start please be aware that i will not supply the Tom Tom software to anyone....This is the only tricky part and you need to get hold of it yourself...More info below

First make sure you have the medion system set up as it's meant to be...e.g reboot it and let the software that came with the device install.

As far as i know if you install the Maps for the default software you wont have enough room for the tom tom stuff so at this time leave it off.

Ok now we need to show Windows CE and give access to the start menu and desktop. Follow these steps:

1. Download the additional files required here:

http://www.gpspassion.com/download/custom150e.zip

2. Connect the sat nav to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

3. Copy 'regedit.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp.

4. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'Medion' folder on the device

5. Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!)

6. When the device reboots it will automatically launch Regedit. Click 'File | Import' and then locate the 'Medion' folder in the files and folders selection list and double click to open. You will see the 'modified.reg' file we copied in Step 4, double-click to import

7. Locate regedit.exe in \Windows\StartUp. Cut this file and paste into \Windows\Programs .Copy 'showtaskbar.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp

8. Locate Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to Setting.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows

9. Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to the three applications you had before. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps.

Ok now your device is hacked and displays Windows CE...Now you need to install Tom Tom

The version you need has a setup.exe file (Not start.exe) Look around on ebay etc...ask them if they have that version.

If you have that now then follow these steps:

1. Have your Sat nav conencted and double click on Setup in your tom tom folder

This will install tom tom on your sat nav

2. Make a TomTom folder on the root of your sat nav, and in that folder create another TomTom folder...In there place your voice files

3. Now copy your map folder from the TomTom install cd/pack your using on to the root of the memory card

4. If you have a ZIP folder with your setup files then copy this to your root of the memory card also...this will install Postcode support

5. So go to start on the device, programs and find tomtom

This will start the program and you will go through many options (You should be able to do this yourself)

When you need to setup the type of GPS device you have then have wired GPS or other. Please note the GPS status bar does not work....There is a way of getting this working but i have never found out how.

If you also want to install POI on the device just copy this into your map directory on the memory card.

Any problems please contact me

Hope this helps!! Smile
si_j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this procedure & files work on a Medion pna220 ?
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

si_j wrote:
Does this procedure & files work on a Medion pna220 ?

No idea since i have a 175 :P

If u have one then try it and see....if not maybe some else on the board can tell u if this works or not
peter_martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm that the above does indeed work on a 220.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: -=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175 Reply with quote

xnaught wrote:

The version you need has a setup.exe file (Not start.exe) Look around on ebay etc...ask them if they have that version.

We strongly advise against using pirated copies of TomTom. The above procedure works equally well with rightfully purchased versions.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: -=Tutorial=- Steps to Install Tom Tom on Medion MDPNA175 Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
xnaught wrote:

We strongly advise against using pirated copies of TomTom. The above procedure works equally well with rightfully purchased versions.

I'm also not trying to advertise piracy here....There are some people selling their old copies of TomTom on ebay (Mine was a used copy)

It's better if you use a "real" version anyway as then you can get full support from TomTom when there are any problems
steve_starsky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of tom tom did you use and will work according to your instructions ?
Firebird
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Tomtom no go Reply with quote

Hi
I followed your instructions and zilch.
I recon I goofed up some where.
Ended up doing a hard reset, now I have to redo the CE hack again,
probably do it blindfolded now Laughing Out Loud
hillbilee001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the versions of tom tom on the downloads page of this site?
please help! thanx
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the version i bought was TomTom Navigator 5.00 for Palm devices.

This is all the help i can give im afriad

Also just to let you guys know i can't help with any other problems with this....I just did the steps i gave in the tutorial and it worked...

Iam not an expert nor can i fix any other problems with the sat nav device...
Madan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Medion MDPPC 150 and Tomtom5 Reply with quote

Hi there
can you please guide me how can i install TOMTOM 5 in my MMC card to the Pocket PC Medion MDPPC150 which has navigon software installed in it.
I tried going through the steps that you suggested for the other model MDPNA's, but i couldnt find out the Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder and 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows.
Kindly guide me how can i install TOMTOM in the medion pocket PC
lostontheroads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same version of tom tom v. 5 will this version of tom tom work with the speed camra data base that is free to down load on the forum home page Question
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion MDPPC 150 and Tomtom5 Reply with quote

Madan wrote:
Hi there
can you please guide me how can i install TOMTOM 5 in my MMC card to the Pocket PC Medion MDPPC150 which has navigon software installed in it.
I tried going through the steps that you suggested for the other model MDPNA's, but i couldnt find out the Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder and 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows.
Kindly guide me how can i install TOMTOM in the medion pocket PC

I dont know if its possible to install tomtom from a memory card. I use a setup.exe and run it on the PC...not the device. This installs from the PC over the USB to the device.

The only thing that is copied over by yourself is the maps and voice etc

lostontheroads wrote:
i have the same version of tom tom v. 5 will this version of tom tom work with the speed camra data base that is free to down load on the forum home page Question

I have got speed cameras, POI and additional voices all installed with no problems. As far as i know you just need to download the latest file from the net and put it in your map folder on the device and the speed cameras work fine
moggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnaught - any chance of a copy of that tomtom setup.exe?
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moggie wrote:
xnaught - any chance of a copy of that tomtom setup.exe?

Sorry mate...U cant just use the setup...Also thats illegal and not allowed to be discussed in here...

Already had my hands slapped once by the mods cos they thought i had bought a pirate version

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: