Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Peugeot RT3 System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Peugeot RT3 System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woodie2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Peugeot RT3 System Reply with quote

Hi

I need help!!!

I have recently purchased a Peugeot 307 HDI 110 TD, and it comes with the crappy standard tape casette player with in dash cd changer.

I am thinking about getting the RT3 system with colour screen. Few questions before I do the go ahead.

At the moment I have the UBI Take&Talk mobile handsfree system attached to my radio, so would this be compatible as I don't want to use the on board phone feature built in the RT3.

I guess it would work with the steering wheel controls.

Where can I buy this, the actual radio itself and the screen (Colour), OR, do you recommend me going to Peugeot and buying it and getting them to fit it?

Anyone got any piccy's of what it looks like???

What year are the maps.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Peugeot RT3 System Reply with quote

Woodie2000 wrote:
At the moment I have the UBI Take&Talk mobile handsfree system attached to my radio, so would this be compatible as I don't want to use the on board phone feature built in the RT3.
Possibly not, the RD3 and the RT3 have different connectors on the back, so it may not work.

Quote:
I guess it would work with the steering wheel controls.
Should do

Quote:
Where can I buy this, the actual radio itself and the screen (Colour), OR, do you recommend me going to Peugeot and buying it and getting them to fit it?
Personally, I don't recommend either. It's very expensive to buy the components, and you'll also need a GPS aerial amongst other things. You'll also lose the ability to play any CDs whilst navigating, unless you get a CD changer as well. I'd be surprised if you find a dealer even willing to quote you on the cost of the parts, let alone the fitting cost.

Quote:
What year are the maps.
Whatever year of the maps you buy (as it doesn't come with maps) - you should be able to get maps from www.navteq.com

To be honest, I suspect given it would cost upwards of a couple of grand to retrofit you'd be better investing that money in swapping your current car for one with SatNav built in - that may not be the answer you want to hear, but it's more likely to work.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: