Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will purchase of upgrade prevent reinstallation of TTN3?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will purchase of upgrade prevent reinstallation of TTN3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Will purchase of upgrade prevent reinstallation of TTN3? Reply with quote

Had to hard-reset my PDA so need to reinstall TTN V3 software. Am having difficulty doing so. TTN no installated at this time.

Also want to purchase upgrade to V5 and today is the last day upgrade is available. If I purchase upgrade today will the act of purchasing it cause my existing key to be voided and thereby prevent my reinstallation of TTN V3? If so I would be without any nav software until TT deliver V5 (in about 5 weeks!!!)

Anyone got a viewpoint on whether it would be safe to purchase the upgrade?
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this would render you code invalid? You should be able to install tt5 without having to reinstall tt3 tho.
Delivery seems to be down to approx 7 working days you'll be pleased to know.

What I would try is get tt3 to install today (if poss.) and order the upgrade as soon as you have done this.

You'll have to be quich tho as time is running out!!!
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon O
Get your TT3 reinstalled if you can and backup your PDA (if you have Sprite Backup).
By backing up your PDA you will then be able to revert to TT3 anytime in the future should you wish to do so. You won’t need any activation Codes to restore from a backup.
Now, I cant remember if the old TT3 code becomes obsolete when you order TT5 or when you have installed TT5 and activate. So, try to get TT3 working if you can and then you will be at nobodies mercy.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
SimonO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Response from TomTom support Reply with quote

You can still use your old product until you have installed TomTom navigator 5. The product will not be blocked before that.

The TomTom Navigator 5 special upgrade offer has expired on 2nd november 2005.

In order to purchase the upgrade TomTom invites you to visit the following page: http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: