Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OziExplorerCE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OziExplorerCE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_E
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: OziExplorerCE Reply with quote

I've installed a registered copy of OziCE on a Dell Axiom 5 (400 Mz version) Pocket PC and it all works as specified. I installed G7ToWinCE to enable me to upload waypoints and routes created in OziCE to my GPS (Magellan Sportrack Pro). This completely stuffed the operating system causing the PDA to seize up and preventing OziCE from talking to the GPS. Removing G7ToWinCE resolved these problems. Has anyone come across similar problems? If so, did you resolve them and how? I'd be grateful for any pointers that might help because I'd still like to upload my waypoints, etc.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: OziExplorerCE Reply with quote

John,

You do not need G7toWinCE to transfer the data you can do it directly from OziCE.

If you go to the file->upload/download menu it starts the GPS transfer program. From here you can configure your GPS manufacturer Garmin/Lowrance/Magellan then you can transfer routes, tracks and waypoints between the two devices.

I had G7toWinCE and OziCE installed and running successfully on an iPaq 3870 with no special configuration required.
John_E
Occasional Visitor

Mike,

Thanks for the response. OziCE does not yet have the ability to upload data to the GPS, it can only download. However, on my Dell Axiom even the download won't work but the moving map facility works OK. That's why I wanted to use both OziCE and G7ToWinCE so I could upload data to the GPS I'd created in OziCE. The suggestion to use G7ToWinCE came from Des Newman, Mr OziExplorer himself. I'm wondering if there is some contention for the COM port(s) between the two. But if this were the case I would have expected it to be resolved when one of the programs was shut down.

Regards
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

John,

As you may have guessed I dont permanently own a Handheld GPS, but I an certain that I had actually managed to upload from a number of Garmins to OziCE, maybe this doesn't work with the Magellan. You cetainly have the options there to do it.

Going back to your original question of using the two applications on the same PDA. This should work but I have never tried transferring the Ozi files to the GPS. Does g7toce crash the system as soon as you open it, or can you actually interrogate your GPS? This would determine if it is a GPS connectivity issue or a g7toce application issue.

A common problem with Garmins is that they are set to NMEA protocol rather then GARMIN, could this be the case with your Magellan?

Have you actually exited OziCE or at least closed the GPS connection, rather than minimised it.
John_E
Occasional Visitor

Hi Mike,

The moving map facility in OziCe works Ok but the download of data from GPS to PDA doesn't. Neither the upload nor the download facilities work in G7ToWinCE whether or not OziCE is installed on the PDA. I've been in contact with Ron Henderson on this and he is flummoxed too. He thinks it may be a problem with core libraries of the Pocket PC software loaded by Dell.

Regards,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: