Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing SmartST pro failure
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing SmartST pro failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreastan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Installing SmartST pro failure Reply with quote

Have problem with iPAQ3870 and SmartST.

3870 does not recognize the sleeve after many installations and new driver 3.1.6.

Error msg when I insert the iPAQ in the sleeve is "Unknown card in Socket 2"

Returned to NAVMAN and receive it back with a note saying that the sleeve (a Compaq IPAQ NAvigation System sleeve, which is a NAVMAN unit) works fien with the Co-Pilot software and the technician recommended me to get an 'activation' driver to get the sleeve work with Smart ST... I'm now waiting for the response again.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Installing SmartST pro failure Reply with quote

I didn't believe that the iNS sleeve would work with SmartST Pro. I may be wrong. I thought that Navman do something different with a chip to lock people to their version of the sleeve ?

I know that you certainly can't do it the other way around and that's use a Navman 3000/3400 sleeve with CoPilot 3.5 UK, as it fails.

The error Unknown Card in Socket x is a known error and it's usually because you don't have the NAVMAN driver installed. However if you have installed SmartST Pro, this comes standard with it, or should talk direct to the sleeve.

Do you know who you spoke to at Navman, or who sent it back ?
René M
Occasional Visitor

I purchased a Navman GPS 3450 with SmartST pro. After installing the software on my iPaq 3850 I have to activate the software. Although this seems to work, I got a box telling me that activating was successfully, my iPaq keep asking for activating the software. I did a hard-reset on my iPaq and started installing all the software from scratch without any success. No error messages everything seem to be ok but SmartST on the iPaq still wants to be activated.

Any suggestions....?

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I understand from several retailers that Navman have erroneously shipped out American keys and not European keys. I think it might be advisable to check with Navman UK Support as it may be relating to this, or maybe a seperate issue.
La§er
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by René M on 06 July 2003

I purchased a Navman GPS 3450 with SmartST pro. After installing the software on my iPaq 3850 I have to activate the software. Although this seems to work, I got a box telling me that activating was successfully, my iPaq keep asking for activating the software. I did a hard-reset on my iPaq and started installing all the software from scratch without any success. No error messages everything seem to be ok but SmartST on the iPaq still wants to be activated.

Any suggestions....?

If you are using the European version then make sure that you install using disk 2 and not disk 1.Don't ask me why this works but it maybe the serial numbers differ between disk's.... Good luck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: