Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I3 Speed camera alerts - MPH or KPH ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I3 Speed camera alerts - MPH or KPH ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyrk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: I3 Speed camera alerts - MPH or KPH ? Reply with quote

Trying to sort the last 'problem' I have on my I3..

Running 2.6 software with latest speed camera database.

Having downloaded and used the speed camera database since buying the unit I am still want to get to the bottom of how the unit works out and displays the speed associated with a camera site.

The speed camera CSV filesd efines the alert speed by @nn (ie when set to @30, I assume it means 30MPH).

The unit is set for MPH (imperial), yet the red banner warning when approaching a 30mph site calculates it in KPH, BUT displays it as MPH, ie 19MPH (which is 30MPH * .625 ~ 19KPH).

Have I missed a setting or do I need to increase all the @ figures accordingly ?

There was mentioned by someone else but I can not track the post, so any feedback would be great Confused
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run the POILoader, at the screen wheere it asks which directory your files are in there is a field for the units. Make sure that is Feet and MPH.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: