Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Some CP4 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Some CP4 problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Some CP4 problems Reply with quote

Hi

I use CP4 on my iPaq 3970 with the software & maps on an SD card and use the Compaq iNS (Navman) sleeve. The iPaq is running PocketPC 2003.

I've noticed a problem with CP4 not unloading cleanly on exit. The memory display shows a large amount used by running programs even though there is nothing showing in the list of programs currently running. Attempting to run CP4 again has caused CP4 to hang part way into a journey. The only method I have found to clear the problem (of it not unloading completely) is to hard reset. Is this a general problem, as I haven't spotted any reference to it happening in this forum?

Another minor anomaly is that on the PC software when planning a route, I can use the postcode to find the first location. From then on I get told that any postcode entered cannot be found, so I can only use place names to find the subsequent locations for the trip. Again, I've not seen this problem mentioned before.

Other than this - it's an excellent piece of software!

Cheers,
Grahame.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get his after running CoPilot or TomTom for any longish journey. Try a soft reset and check the memory usage again. In my case it goes right back to normal.
Robin
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
I get his after running CoPilot or TomTom for any longish journey. Try a soft reset and check the memory usage again. In my case it goes right back to normal.
Robin

This is now the third generation on WinCE I've had on the iPaq and the third generation of CoPilot (iNS2, 3.5 & 4) as well, but I've never experienced this problem before until just recently. Last year I travelled from UK to Lucca in Italy in two days without problems (using the previous version of WinCE & CoPilot). I don't know if it is down to CoPilot or PocketPC 2003 as they've both been upgraded in the last few months.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar problems with CoPilot hanging when installed to an SD card but also using Bluetooth at the same time on a 2210. I know there are BT problems with the 2210 and connection dropping, but CoPilot seemed to lock so it maybe that it's losing sat connection to the sleeve ?!
rossh51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I've just sent a note to CoPilot support re the new v4.5 which I'd upgraded to from 4.0 (mainly to get the supplied map upgrade in Australia). I'm seeing hangs/slowdowns occassionally which can only be cured by a soft re-set. I've tried re-installing without success. I was not seeing any issues with CP4.0 even after long trips. If I get any joy from support I'll post.
I also found that the "navigate to POI" function is not working from the POI alert screen....this was also OK under 4.0 for me. I have seen no reference to this problem here either.
Ross
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check to see how much memory you have, I find CoPilot works best when there's around 15mb of program memory free.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: