Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - map browsing way to slow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

map browsing way to slow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fraser5002
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: map browsing way to slow Reply with quote

hi i bought ragion 9 of the MM series and downloaded the map to my PDA (Acer N30) if i am just browsing through th emap the update rate is terrible i have seen myself wait 30 seonds for a third of the screen to be drawen. The full map downloaded to the card is 300meg is there anyway you can get faster borwsing of the map, mayby is there a way to drop the resolution or something?

cheers
Fraser
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all do you really need all of the map of just portions of it - I have found exporting visable area to the PDA speeds things up considerably, the second issue is the speed of the SD card you are using and the SDIO interface in the PDA (which you can do nothing about) bar changing the PDA - look at smaller map portions as a starter for ten it will place less of a burden on the device - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have added that to use the visable map portion option you need to zoom and pan around into the area you want before selecting the export visable map portion from the PDA menu on the toolbar - also when prompted use the option to export to storrage card when prompted as this is also is way faster than via active sync (assuming you hav a suitable card reader either in the PC or as an external add on - if not you really need to get one - Mike
fraser5002
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers didnt know you could do that very funky, i dont mind how long it takes to send the map to the PDA but when out and about is when i want the speed, i find card readers very fiddly and annoying( dont have an inbuilt one), tweaking the settings of activesync can greatly increase the data send rate and good enough for me.

cheers
Fraser
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraser5002 wrote:
cheers didnt know you could do that very funky, i dont mind how long it takes to send the map to the PDA but when out and about is when i want the speed, i find card readers very fiddly and annoying( dont have an inbuilt one), tweaking the settings of activesync can greatly increase the data send rate and good enough for me.

cheers
Fraser

I purchased a trust card reader at Asda for less then a tenner, just plug & go, so easy. Transferring MM maps is also easy as if the card is in the reader the MM 'save to pda' box includes it automatically. The next time you try it's the defauld device. So much quicker.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: