Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator PN + Speed Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator PN + Speed Camera Database

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Destinator PN + Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

Hi

I have been following the threads about setting up the speed camera datase with Destinator. I have looked at and followed in detail all the instructions that have been posted, although most have been for Destinator 3, most of the files etc described are the same in Destinator PN.

But so far I have not been able to get it to work. I have all the Alert files loaded etc and the changes made in the DestinatorVoiceManeuvers file but no warnings are given.

Has anyone actually got this to work with Destinator PN as opposed to Destinator 3. If so, any further suggestions what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

David R
Peugeot406
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Destinator PN Reply with quote

I have been trying for a few days and have manged to get the favourites alert to flash across the screen and the voice speaking favourites alert. I am in the process at the moment of trying to get the speed camera warnings to speak.
I will keep you informed of progress.
venommous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can either of you 2 point me in the right direction to get the speed camera files to work on my Acer 35 with Destinator PN, please?

I cannot find the files or links and have had no replies to a post re: the same question/problem. I am totally at a loss here and absolutely new to the GPS thing.
regards, V
Peugeot406
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21290&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I used the link above to get the cameras to show on the screen but I still cannot get it to warn 'Gatso'. All I get is 'Favourites alert' and the same text comes up on the screen.

I am just going to go with this at present as at least I am getting a warning all be it not identifying type of camera.
Ron21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: One step ahead with voice alert - I think ! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. A few days ago purchased a goodmans GNAV10 running Destinator OP Version 5.1.83 which I assume is much the same as Destinator PN.
I seem to be trying to achieve the same as other members in this thread but may be one step ahead.

I have downloaded the single file UK camera data base from this web site.

I have imported a Gatso camera bmp icon into the 'Favorites Folder'
Now when I view the map all camera locations (regardless of type) are highlighted with a Gatso camera icon.

I have also imported a wav file which plays "Warning Gatso Ahead". Renamed it 141.wav and copied it into 'Voice/All Folder'
Now when I approach a camera site (regardless of type) I get a voice stating "Warning Gatso Ahead", instead of a voice stating "Favorites Alert".

Problems yet to solve :-
1. When approaching a camera site, how to replace the flash up screen display 'Favorites Alert' (in red) with something more appropriate ie Camera Alert or a Gatso Camera Icon.

2.Reading threads, it appears that Destinator 3 allows you to set up sepatate / individual alert distances for Favorites, Alert1 & Alert 2 categories. This does not appear posible with the newer version of Destinator See my thead Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:04 am Post subject: Destinator OP Ver 5.1.83 - configuring Auto Alerts question.

Watching this thread with interest.
Regards
Ron21
Peugeot406
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Destinator PN & Speed Cameras Reply with quote

A friend of mine who has been looking at Destinator PN sent me the following regarding the speed cameras:-

However I HAVE GOT IT TO WORK AT LAST.

Ist problem was that every time I added or deleted a Favorite from any category the software removed the alert setting distance I had previously put in and reverted to 50m for the 1st alert. This distance does not work! There must be a bug / missing programme instructions as only Favorites are mentioned for distances and there is no reference to the 3 Auto Alerts which are supposedly the only ones that work automatically according to the handbook. I think all displayed categories in “My Favorites” get the warning.

You need to use 1000 or 800 for the first and 600 or 400 for the 2nd. Even at 400 by the time you get the warning you are almost on the camera.

I do not know where the voice is coming from as I cannot find the wav file with the words that are produced at the warning which are “Speed Camera Alert”. The only wav file I have in the directory says “Warning Speed Camera Ahead”!! Anyway it speaks the right words wherever they come from. The only problem is that it cannot differentiate between camera sites and a normal favorites. It says the same warning for all.

I have also found the location of the text ”Favorites Alert”. It is in a file called DestinatorMSG.inf located in the sub directory Interface/Visual/EnglishUK/.

I did a find search for Favorite Alert” and replaced the text with “Speed Camera” If you include “Alert” it goes off the screen as it does not wrap.

I have also changed some other text which pops up on the menu bars.

Ie “Vel” to “Speed”

“Alt” to “Altitude”

Etc to make it more English

Hope this helps anyone, if I get more I will post.
Ron21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator PN & Speed Cameras Reply with quote

Peugeot406
Thanks for your last post. I have managed to get the same results although the location of the English inf file was in a different location in Destinator OP (there must be differences between PN & OP)
For the record this is how I did it.

Open Folder - 'Resident Flash / DestinatorApps / Destinator / Common / Interface / visual / All'

Go to DesinatorMSG file - replace - IDS_GPSDLG_CAP3="Alt" with IDS_GPSDLG_CAP3="Altitude"
Go to DesinatorMSG file - replace - IDS_GPSDLG_CAP4="Val" with IDS_GPSDLG_CAP4="Speed"
Go to DesinatorMSG file - replace - IDS_FAVORITES_ALERT="Favorites Alert" with IDS_FAVORITES_ALERT="Speed Camera Alert"

As for your quote
'Ist problem was that every time I added or deleted a Favorite from any category the software removed the alert setting distance I had previously put in and reverted to 50m for the 1st alert.'

I don't have this problem, alert distances do not revert back to 50 in my OP version, But this could be the answer to Jimbo Hippo's problem reported in the Post subject: Destinator OP Ver 5.1.83 - configuring Auto Alerts he's running PN

Regards
Ron
ekto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post. I did get litle bit carryed away, so I translated the whole interface to Finnish 8)

If some Finnish users are reading here, do following.

1. Check that you are using "3.0.75_103" version from Settings, About.

2. Go to this folder in your pocket PC: \DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\All

3. Copy everything from above folder to your hardrive at temp folder.

4. Download this paggage to your hardrive: http://vectra.desteem.org/temp/DestinatorMSG.zip

5. Extract the .ZIP somwhere and copy the files to: \DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\All
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now decided that, rather than all the messing around trying to get Destinator PN to work properly with a Speed Camera database to use another method.

I have purchased a copy of AA Speedcare and loaded that on my PDA. It took all of about two minutes to load and set-up and it works fine.

I have now discovered that if I have both Destinator PN and the AA Speedcare loaded and active they work OK together. If I have PN as the active screen, then Speedcare will pop up it's camera warning screen and audio warning over PN. When the camera is passed it returns to PN. If Speedcare is the active screen, with the GPS speed showing for example, then PN will still give all it's voice instructions from the background.

Seems to work very well and with absolutely no problems setting up and getting it to work. As far as I'm concerned it's £60 well spent.

It also works in just the same way with Memory-Map OS maps which, if you don't need audio route instructions, are much better at indicating your position than the PN maps.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
SolPuerto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bluemedia BM 6300 unit running Destinator PN with Navteq maps. The system is supported by www.lowestonweb.com/destinator (Evsham Computers) and they have recently modified the speed camera alerts to audibly inform what type of camera e.g "Gatso" and also the screen visual alert as to the type of camera, again e.g. "Gatso Camera". The upgrade is free to existing users of the unit subject to being registered.

Works a treat.

Laughing
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried AA Speedcare with Destinator PN, but they cannot share the com port.

Speedcare can share the position info with TTN but not destinator.

GPSgate cannot be used if you use the TMC function.
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use GPSgate OK with my set-up, but I don't use TMC.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekto wrote:

4. Download this paggage to your hardrive: http://vectra.desteem.org/temp/DestinatorMSG.zip

5. Extract the .ZIP somwhere and copy the files to: \DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\All

I know this is a bit of an old post but that link doesn't seem to work anymore, if any of you have the file saved somewhere can you pm with it, or stick a new link up here please...ta!!!

** Update**

Actually, I grew to hate it!!!
Tom Tom Go!!! Much better now!!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: