Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSFORLESS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSFORLESS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davyb666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: GPSFORLESS Reply with quote

Having found out more about GPSFORLESS it came to my knowledge that GPSFORLESS were not just moving but actually went on holiday

Now there is nothing wrong with going on holiday but it would be nice if there were to have stated the truth instead of mis-informing all their potential customers

I understand this is a SMALL company run by husband and wife but it would be more appropriate to state if they were closed as they were not moving but were on holiday.

I have never in all my time seen any company closed for 3 weeks at a time - i shall never touch a company that is dishonest as you would not know what to expect
alFR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what, next time you're off on holiday pop your address up on here and leave us all a note of the dates when you're away. I'm sure no-one would take advantage by popping round and helping themselves to your stuff, eh?
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they were on holiday, check a few of the posts on this board, they seem to have been in touch with anyone who had a question or problem as soon as they possibly could, and instead of it being a blanket post they took the time to tailor their response to everyone concerned.
I have only used this company twice but from the service I have had I would shop there again and would recommend them and have recommended them on this forum. Please remember that a post like the original post on this thread has the potential to cause harm to someones business, and in my opinion it seems unfair to do this. I have browsed the gpsforless site and have seen the sign. I couldn't give a monkeys anus whether they were moving office, on holiday or even auditioning for the X factor the fact remains, there was a note on the website informing you they were away so they were not trading however service would return to normal at a certain date.
davyb666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its not really the fact that choose to decide to check on posts whilst on holiday - its the principle - Would you choose to shop from ppl that are dishonest. In addition - more generally if you were going on holiday would you tell your friends you were simply moving - i mean its just wrong.
In addition if they said they were moving - why do they still state the same address they had previously on their website.

I understand posts on this website can be harmful but its what this forum is used for 'retailers to buy from or avoid' - you do what the fact dont' you!

Furthermore informing customers to come to pocketgps instead of offering real person to person support whilst on or off holiday is cheeky
and liked mentioned before not really 'customer support' - its merely fobbing them off to another place.
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi davyb666

We can understand if customers were upset that they could not get in touch with us, we hope that we have rectified the problems, but we have not told a lie, The web site has the address that the company is registered to not the address we hold our stock, please feel free to check this out at companies house.
When a customer asks advice on a product we advice them but we also advice them to look at pocketgps forums for an independent review on various products before they purchase, we are not a pushy company we want the best for our customers even if that means they go for a product we do not stock. We believe we offer a good before and after sales service, please feel free to give us a call if you are not satisfied with the product and service you were offered if you purchased from us.

regards Craig & Tracy

www.gpsforless.co.uk
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyb666 wrote:
Well its not really the fact that choose to decide to check on posts whilst on holiday - its the principle - Would you choose to shop from ppl that are dishonest. In addition - more generally if you were going on holiday would you tell your friends you were simply moving - i mean its just wrong.
In addition if they said they were moving - why do they still state the same address they had previously on their website.

I understand posts on this website can be harmful but its what this forum is used for 'retailers to buy from or avoid' - you do what the fact dont' you!

Furthermore informing customers to come to pocketgps instead of offering real person to person support whilst on or off holiday is cheeky
and liked mentioned before not really 'customer support' - its merely fobbing them off to another place.

I thought the point of this forum was to point out negative or positive buying experiences from retailers, not a ruthless attack on someones business. I seem to have missed the point completely, so sorry. It seems from the above post that they have actually haved moved locations. And if they took a break in the sun while the hired help lifted and shifted for them, how exactly does that make them liars? They reported they would not be trading between certain dates. That should be good enough. I don't see dishonesty at all in the situation. If it turns out they have moved as reported then to show your honesty and integrity you should post a full and frank retraction and apology.
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tomo1340

Thank you for your support.

regards Craig & Tracy

www.gpsforless.co.uk
JorgenvonStrangle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was concerned about what would happen to my refund during their closure
but they have replied promptly before the date stated on the website they would reopen and have refunded my money already, can't say fairer than that and would still use them again Thumbs Up
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tomo1340 and think an apology is in order.

There is a world of difference between complaining about poor service and using the word liar. Calling somebody a liar needs something more than just a hunch. Its called evidence. It also needs confronting them with that evidence and listening to their explanation before going public.
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to add my support for gpsforless - I and others in my family have spent many £££'s with them and their service (both before and after sales) is second to none. It's just a pity that other companies do not have the same sense of integrity for their customers.

gpsforless - keep up the good work... I for one will remain a customer.
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, no hesitation in recommending them or buying from them again.
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

We would like to thank all the posts above (except one) for the kind words and support. we really appreciate.

regards Craig & Tracy

www.gpsforless.co.uk Cheers!
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice the heading for this post has been changed - the word "Liars" has been removed.

Was that done by the moderator or is that as close as we are going to get to an apology??
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peterc10

We had noticed that the word Liars had been removed, We do not think we will get an appology, we do not believe the person was one of our customers. Thank you for your support.

regards Craig & Tracy

www.gpsforless.co.uk
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
I notice the heading for this post has been changed - the word "Liars" has been removed.

Was that done by the moderator or is that as close as we are going to get to an apology??

I edited the post title as it was clearly defamatory and without any factual basis. I don't normally step in but this was clearly a one sided diatribe with no basis in fact, the thread clearly shows this and so I have edited the unnecessarily offensive title.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: