Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD Card Corruption - No Maps Found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD Card Corruption - No Maps Found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: SD Card Corruption - No Maps Found Reply with quote

I'm tearing my hair out, here. I've been using TT5 (initial then update release) now for a number of weeks, generally successfully, on a Dell Axim X50v with a Haicom 303E.

A number of times over the past couple of weeks, TT5 has crashed on me and on re-start has reported "No maps found" and sure enough my fast SD card is corrupt with the GB map folder missing or unreadable. I assumed this was a faulty SD card and have tried formatting to various FAT/FAT32 settings but the problem persists.

Having agreed an RMA with the supplier for the card, I reverted to my older slow SD card and experienced the same problem... It only happens in TT5, so I must assume that's the culprit. It may be that I've only experienced this since the update release, but I'm not certain it didn't happen before.

As ???'s law would have it, this tends to happen on day 1 of an extended business trip, leaving me without satnav...

Has anyone else experienced this; is there a fix/workaround?

My TT5 is installed on Built-in Storage if that makes any difference?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you start the trip and with everything working OK, lock the SD card.

This will prevent any corruption since the card cannot be written to. It will of course prevent you from saving any more favourites or itineraries but apart from that everything will work fine.

I know this isn't a proper solution but it will provide a stop gap until you find the actual cause of the problem.

Roger
bukemone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linknet is right - of course this's only 'nasty' workaround but it works at least. Two days ago TTN5 screwed all data on my SD Card. Some files were missing and some file names were screwed (i.e. #$$%!*). I had to reformat SD card. I think that this problem is somehow related to disspearing favourites (I've lost them several times). It seems that TTN5 has seriuos problems with SD Card support. In TTN3 favourites were stored in main memory as it should be in TTN5 (especially when ITN folder in TTN5 is stored in main memory).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: