Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Day2day use of TT5..vs 3...am I missing something ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Day2day use of TT5..vs 3...am I missing something ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Day2day use of TT5..vs 3...am I missing something ? Reply with quote

Hi all, yes TT5.1 has its faults but its pretty good, but I am struggling to find better ways of doing basic stuff in TT5 that TT3 used to do...for example..(btw I do not use favorites as they are all lost on a crash - so I use POIs)

How can I create a POI when in navigator view ? (I can only do it in Map view...which is a bit clumsy when driving)

If I am forced to use Map view to create a POI, can I get me curent position to be updated on screen all the time - vs having to tap "current position" ?

Does anyone have the probem that TT5 will not start ? - two little red hans appear on screen, but nothing else - until you soft reset ?.

thanks all

Graham Dell Axim5 + TT5.1
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to add a poi in Navigator view.
Tap the screen, select 'add favourite'
click the arrow to go to the next screen
click GPS position. The current GPS position is then saved as a favourite.

After your journey click on 'change prefs' 'manage poi' 'add poi' select category i.e McDonalds. then the click on the favourite Icon and select then one you recently added whilst driving'

If you are parked up then from the navigator screen you can select 'change prefs' 'manage poi' 'add poi' choose category, click arrow for next screen and choose 'GPS position'

There may be an easier way, but it works!!
Perhaps POI warner is the answer for you?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: