Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Garmin models announced
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Garmin models announced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: New Garmin models announced Reply with quote

M3 (slower processor then M5?)

Quest2

2710 text to speach and traffic

i2/i3 mini boxes

http://www.garmin.com/whatsNew/
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Garmin have been busy. And listening to us Brits too by the sounds of it. Check out this blerb about the new 2710: 8)

Garmin wrote:
Garmin has also added the ability for customers to augment the pre-loaded maps with custom POI’s from industry-standard CSV files, such as school zones and safety cameras. In addition, a proximity-alert feature is included to optionally warn the driver of upcoming custom POI’s.

I just hope they will come out with a firmware upgrade to retrofit this to existing units too. Confused

So, how much memory does the Quest 2 have? It's only 100 bucks more than the old Quest but they say it has the entire USA and Canada maps loaded.
rossb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like on some technologies they are copying tomtom, such as real time traffic, customized database.

They do have some interesting ideas of thier own though. Some of the units have "text to speech" on roads-the unit will read out the road name of the next turn.

It just shows that when you buy an electronic device, a better one comes out. I have just bought a C320 one month ago. Then, along comes the C340!
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Slight error there Reply with quote

Checked garmins site and did comparison between quest and quest 2 they show a price difference of 300 bucks

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Slight error there Reply with quote

tomthompson wrote:
Checked garmins site and did comparison between quest and quest 2 they show a price difference of 300 bucks

You are exactly right, sorry for my previous post - I completely misread the website. Embarassed
Wesley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Slight error there Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
tomthompson wrote:

You are exactly right, sorry for my previous post - I completely misread the website. Embarassed

I don't think you misread it. A few days ago, the MSRP on the Quest was in the $650 range and now it's down near $450. I actually wrote the price down somewhere while making a list of comparison info 3 or 4 days ago and, if I can find it, I'll post exactly what the old pricing was.

But yeah, I'm hoping that street prices drop on the Quest now that the Quest2 is out. Not that the Quest is overpriced now, but for a few ($50-$75) bucks less, it'd be a great short-trip bargain.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Slight error there Reply with quote

Wesley wrote:
I don't think you misread it.

Ahh, maybe I didn't misread after all and they just changed it while I wasn't looking. :D

So it looks like there has been a 200 dollar cut in the RRP of the Quest then. Amazon now has them for $380. Looks like Garmin are not taking the competition lying down. 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: