Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevalino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: SD Card problem Reply with quote

I recommended the iCN to a friend who bought one with 128mb SD Card. He loaded UK maps plus France and with 40mb left loaded a 20mb section of Italy. As soon as the map has finished loading he gets a message saying "device not available". Whatever is done next that card cannot be read by the Navman. He took the card to a pc shop and they could read the maps on it without a problem but the Navman is not having it. He is travelling around working and has not had chance to contact Navman yet - can anyone help. Does anyone know if 512mb cards work in the device also?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Format the SD card in a PC Card reader and then try inserting it into the iCN630. It's probably become corrupted, and the PC can luckily still read it but the iCN630 can't.
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630 Reply with quote

kevmac YTY wrote:
Can anyone show me a site in Europe that has the ProClip system. Part No: 213071. actually listed (web address for actual clip please) along with a mount for a Subaru Forester - American sites have only got mounts for left hand drive cars

You can visit www.navcity.co.uk, select the ICN630 from somewhere on the page ( this will give you the product description with other related accessories ) now click on the website which it mentions. Once in that site, enter you proclip part no:, and press search. This should work.

sorry I'm a bit late.
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: ICN630 Buttons Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've had the ICN630 for about 4 months now and have to say that for me personally, it has been almost a flawless piece of hardware. But I've always had a slight problem with the Unit. Almost everytime I want to zoom in or zoom out of the map, the brightness selection appears instead. I know this shouldn't happen because you have to hold down these buttons for at least 2 seconds. Also, sometimes when I press the volume button for 2 seconds or more, it doesn't work. I then have to release and press for another 2 seconds. Very annoying.

Has anybody else had this problem? Is this a bug which could be fixed with an update? Or could there be a fault with the actual Unit, rather than the software?

Thank you

ICNman ( London ) Rolling Eyes
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630 Reply with quote

jDude wrote:

hey all, just go this:

(While in the menu, changing settings...)

Applicatoin Error

code\navigator\gui\unstable\apps\guiex.c

LINE: 449    TEST: GET_WINODWS(res) == NULL

Problem creating new GUI windows. an instance alread

my 1st nasty crash.

j

Hi everybody

I've been running through the new software and I've had a couple of incidents whereby the screen has displayed the following error message:

Assert Failure
\code\navigator\gui\unstable\apps\text.c
Line:436 Test:j>0

It happened on both occasions when I was searching for an address, the trouble was that the unit locked up solid and the only way I could clear it was to switch off the power.

I remembered then that a while ago jDude had reported a similar problem but that would have been using the V1 software.

Has anyone had this happen to them Question

Regards

alfieB
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the display brightness problems and volume problems they are definate bugs. Once the unit is approaching a junction dont try to adjust the volume or brightness (V1 software)

Also the error below occurs if you attempt to adjust the volume whilst the
unit is loading its maps after power on. The only escape is to pull the
power plug.

Application Error
Code\navigator\gui\unstable\apps\guiex.c
Line: 646 TEST:modal0 != NULL
Error during GUI modal call. Window not found.

These have all been reported to Navman.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: