Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HOLOX BT-321 NO SIGNAL???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HOLOX BT-321 NO SIGNAL???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickyuis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: HOLOX BT-321 NO SIGNAL??? Reply with quote

had this item for about 2 days and still not managed to get any signal at all.

the bluetooth works fine cause it connects and the blue light flashes but not once has the green light flashed.

when i connect it to my tomtom nav 6, it shows that its is connected but "no valid GPS signal"

all the bars always stay grey.only when the signal is fixed will it turn blue......which it hasnt done so.

my setup is

HOLOX BT-321
NOKIA 73 - TOMTOM NAV 6 (6.010)
GB Map V650.1046

any help with this would be greatly appreciated guys, as ive basically got a useless gps unit
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you given the device to acquire a signal, a new unit needs upto 20 minutes with a clear view of the sky, and NOT moving until it knows where it is, subsequent times to fix will be considerably less - mike
patrickyuis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right, that maybe where ive gone wrong then? 8O

i just basically left it near my window (as it says it works INDOORS) for a good 5 mins and it wasnt giving it a signal so i turned it off and on numerous times.

i didnt know i was supposed to leave it a good 20 mins or so beforehand.....hmmmmm.....so am i right to say that from here on it wont perform that well?

i left it on for about 15 mins while walking to uni and it eventually picked up a 3-bar signal....but my old tomtom unit used to pick up a strong 5-bar signal in about 2 mins.

seems like ive already messed up the unit?

is there a way i can reset the firmware to pretend like its brand new?

thanks for the advice Mike!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just leave the unit with a clean line of sight to the sky for 20 to 30 minutes switched on outside and not moving, that's all it will need, as its achieved a signal it has the data needed so subsequent time to first fix should be considerably less.

You won't have broken it or damaged it in any way, the device needs to know where the GPS Sats are in orbit, it downloads this information and updates itself automatically - but this takes 20 minutes under ideal conditions, once the data is in the unit it can acquire a position fix far faster, the download is continuous while the device is in use.

If you don't use it for a number of months/ weeks the receiver will need to download new data to function correctly, this information is supplied to the divice free.

Give it a chance, once its been working for a while it will be fine if used regularly, but don't drive off without a fix, and don't expect a fix when inside a building, if it works in a building all when and good, but you can't use it to navigate the house or office - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: