Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which GPS for my Palm 515
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which GPS for my Palm 515

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Which GPS for my Palm 515 Reply with quote

I've a Palm 515 and I'm looking for a GPS. I'm looking for a Magellan Meridan Platinum or Garmin eMap76s or maybe Garmin Vista. I'll use it mainly in Europe but also in Australia.

1)Which one do you advice? (GPS will be use for walk and driving)

2What software do I need?

3) If I buy Magellan or Garmin Maps do I need to buy more maps for the Palm or can I use the same?

4) I've topgraphique maps on CD for Switzerland, can I use them with my Palm 515 (I cannot use it on a GPS)

Thank you for your for your help
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Which GPS for my Palm 515 Reply with quote

We cannot advise you on which GPS to buy simply we do not use many aaprt from the ones we test our cables on.

I am sure others will give you their opinions based on their experiences.

My advice actually is to study the reviews of different GPS and decide for yourself which one suits you best.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Check out our Meridian Platinum review. There's not much difference between the whole of the Meridian range and depending on your needs you might be able to save a bit of money by going for one of the cheaper Meridian's.

Regarding maps, Magellan maps will allow you to upload to the Meridian range, and you can insert an SD storage card to store the maps on to give you more storage space. The Garmin's you are stuck with the amount of internal memory supplied which is a downside. If you wanted to have maps on your Palm you wouldn't be able to install Garmin or Magellan maps to the Palm, you would have to purchase another product like Mapopolis or TomTom RoutePlanner or TomTom CityMaps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: