Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Rider
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Rider

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: TomTom Rider Reply with quote

Wouldnt it be great if the sponsers did a sneak preview of rider at the GPS Meet, then I could see what it looks like on my new bike !!
Idea

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross your fingers and see what comes over with the TomTom guys...

I do know that we will have some bits that are not available yet, but I am not aware about the Rider though.
numpty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: sneak preview rider Reply with quote

I am one of the lucky few to get a sneak preview of the rider. I did ride for the Flying Gunners motorcycle display team and we were talking to TomTom for sponsorship. The unit looked impressive but does look a bit bulky and im not sure sports bikes and Sporty tourers will like it compared to the quest. I go to BMAD bike festival and the word is still the Quest as options for mounting does not look to promising for these sort of bikes with the rider.

What is impressive is its all round use. The Wireless headset for phone and voice instructions is fantastic but im not sure that some bikers need distraction whilst riding on the phone. Also the people who are likely to buy the unit will already have autocom etc. Still it will give the 2610 a good run for its money as it does weight in smaller and is waterproof…

But I will not be changing it for my quest as yet… I will see what its like after its been out for a few months.

One thing TomTom are good at is marketing so maybe it will be popular…
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spoken to TomTom rep at the GPS meet in wales I realised that it will not be compatible with my autocom as audio output is only by bluetooth.
Shame it would be good to retain my TTN5 knowledge .So until I can afford a Quest or street pilot it will have to be my trusty Ipaq in tank bag along with my phone. Makeshift it may be but at least it is affordable when you already have the kit.

Mind its good to see the work in progress on this site for the speed camera database to go into street pilots, I would be lost and so would my licence without this wonderful database.

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be showing my bikes GPS setup at the next meet if anyone is interested. The setup is:

iPaq hx4700
Tomtom 5.1
Otterbox 1900 case
RAM mount
Fortuna BT Clipon (under the seat)
Scala Rider BT Headset (fits on/inside helmet)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: