Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Auto Zoom Help required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Zoom Help required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Auto Zoom Help required Reply with quote

Hi,

I have my Quest set to AutoZoom but I wonder if I can have a more appropriate zoom for my needs. I like the fact it zooms in close when your next turn is not too far away but often I am on the motorway with my next turn 100 miles away. If I have autozoom on, it automatically zooms to show the whole 100 miles. However, then all my speed camera POI's are not shown. I could alter the settings on the POI but then I would have a screen full of red and green dots and no map!!!

What I would like is normal autozoom but upto a maximum zoom of the next 3-5 miles shown. Is this possible or fo I need to use the in/out buttons?

Cheers
tjr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can do it.

I turned off autozoom for this reason. Usually I leave the scale on 0.2 or 0.3 miles, so there is plenty of detail. When I'm on a motorway or major road I'll zoom out a bit further if I want to see what's coming.

Having done this I don't miss the autozoom. I found I kept fighting against it, as the Quest was continually changing the zoom level against my wishes!
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought. Manual intervention is fine in the car but it is not so convenient when I am on the bike.

Thanks anyway.
The_Apprentice
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzr1200 wrote:
Manual intervention is fine in the car but it is not so convenient when I am on the bike.

Laughing Out Loud, I was thinking of trying to add a "pokey bit" to my gloves so I could play with the zoom.

Embarassed
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Zoom Help required Reply with quote

zzr1200 wrote:

What I would like is normal autozoom but upto a maximum zoom of the next 3-5 miles shown. Is this possible or fo I need to use the in/out buttons?

Yeah, I'd like to see this feature too. The only workaround I know of is to manually zoom it in and it should stay there (until you reach a turn).

It's annoying that Garmin made the zoom buttons smaller on the Quest (compared to my old GPS-V). It's now a lot harder to press them with gloves on. :x
xander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep i found that too - not easy to zoom with gloves on...

Quest mounted on my BlackBird...
http://storage.msn.com/x1pYZOgdU3kBJiVOKS1Q_VaxpUn2szIbhUBtYUq75MJwLtCeJ8rHUGMnMTlbFQFbrACHT1P1ReY5P85kLVof3RAKPLVQ5Ow0fOtq9hkOM5MHbiidZZBWhbpUB3eowWAQ2QT

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: