Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin B2 Radar Unit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin B2 Radar Unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Origin B2 Radar Unit Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the new radar unit for the origin b2 yet. I installed it and according the the unit, all cameras that i passed (0ver 20) in the last two days are not active. I know it works as i have received a K band signal in a local petrol station! Generally though, there are no false alerts.... in fact so far no alerts
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Origin B2 Radar Unit Reply with quote

Very interested to learn how this unit performs.

Ps
Can you say where you got it as Orgin say they are sold out?
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Origin B2 Radar Unit Reply with quote

Now got the radar unit - just about to fit it. Will keep this forum updated on its performance
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Origin B2 Radar Unit Reply with quote

Was a tricky job to install in my Golf TDI. The front nearside headlight has a plastic cover protecting between the grill and the battery and this seemed the perfect place to mount the unit and doesnt seem to have too much metal between the unit and the outside world. Routing the cable to the B2 was another matter, wouldn't want to do that again.

Having been for a test drive then "yes" some cameras registered along with some false triggers. For me the "auto" mode is better switched off as I prefer to be warned a much as possible.

It will take a few weeks of driving around to see how useful it is, but so far it seems OK
AndyR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well having used it for over a week i have only had 1 or 2 false alerts, even with it not set to smart mode. I was concerned that it was not detecting any gatso camera,s but i have now found one that sets it off every time, therefore indicateing that a lot of the cameras in my area are not active. One word of advice is to make sure that you have wired the cradle into a switched circuit and not continuously powered up. The power for the radar unit is taken from the cradle and not the origin unit itself, so would be powered up all the time.
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Radar Unit - Performance Reply with quote

Having tested the unit for over a week it seems to operate a little inconsistently. Some Gatso's don't set it off, others occasionally do and some always do.

I've tried altering the B2's modes and speed settings without much success, certainly at the moment I don’t trust it but that’s not to say it’s not useful.

The jury is out at the moment, maybe I have something wrong. Unfortunately the unit couldn’t be mounted in the front grill as directed but it is inside the engine compartment with some metal between it and the outside world, maybe this affects its sensitivity?

Anyone got experience on this?
fishboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a fair bit of research and probably going to buy a b2 - mainly because of the plug-in radar capability.

Don't seem to be able to get a straight answer on what bands it detects though. Clearly K-band, but is that Ka and Ku as well?

Is the radar unit mountable in the windscreen? It would make installation easier and as far as I can ascertain it is less important where you mount the radar unit - and more important for the laser unit (the laser traps have less spread and scatter).

Would be interested in buckrogers experience with installing in the Golf TDi - that is what I have. Don't know whether to get the b2 or solo - have heard some bad things about gps fix for the solo.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: