Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 and get no contact to TomTom original GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 and get no contact to TomTom original GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 and get no contact to TomTom original GPS Reply with quote

I just upgraded from TomTom Navigator 3 to Navigator 5 but can not get contact to my originally TomTom GPS receiver. It is the black one, I think it is called Leadtek 9531. Everything worked in TTnav 3.

In the settings I have tried to select both TomTom GPS with cable and another NMEA-GPS with different baud rates but nothing works. I can see the black and yellow "wheel" rolling which I think indicates that I have contact to the receiver but I still get no satellites indicated and it says no GPS-unit on the GPS-status screen.

Do somone have any tips what is wrong!? An originally TomTom receiver with cable should work I think.

Best Regards
Crying or Very sad

IPAQ 3660, Pocket PC 2002, TTnav 5, Leadtek 9531 GPS
laserdisc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've had the same problem but manged to resolve the issue after messing about for two hours.

Set the GPS receiver to Other NMEA GPS.
Selected S2410 COM1
Baud rate 4800.

It took four minutes for the GPS to get a signal the first time (the wheel just kept spinning) but eventually it connected. It's been fine since then.

Hope it works for you. Let us know.

Iain.
David
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested your tip, selected other NMEA GPS with cable, baudrate 4800 and left it in the car for more than 30 minutes but still no contact. The wheel keeps on rotating but still no satellites indicated.
ThGrim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I had the same problem with mine (very Frustrating messing with it for hours), I noticed that when I opened my car door the GPS signal got stronger, so on the off chance I placed my GPS receiver on the roof of my car.

The GPS signal came alive with excellent reception. I moved the receiver back in the car and it now works every time without messing about. I have read on this forum that it can sometimes take quite a while for a Tomtom to make a connection but once it does it works fine.

Oh by the way my receiver is a Rikaline 6010 however I have it set to TomTom GPS wired and not other GPS receiver. I think TTN5 is a very buggy piece of software and things that work for some may not work for others. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Matt
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep reporting this to Tomtom Especially if it with their own GPS. They would not help me saying they would only look at the problem if I was using their GPS.

So please everyone, but especially those with a TT GPS report it to them.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try setting the receiver as tomtom wired receiver in the gps set up

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try, but that defaults to, I assume com1, CF is com5 on my Axim X5 and you don't get the option to change the port or the baud rate.
David
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thank you for all your tips but still had nothing worked. I was going for a trip this weekend so I had to downgrade back to TTnav 3.07 to be able to use the GPS. Back in TTnav 3.07 I get contact with the GPS immediately!

I will do another try with TTnav 5 upgrade after the weekend when I am home again.

For me it seems like TomTom have released a non ready product for the market, with less functionality and much more bugs than earlier releases.

Best Regards
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report it to TT they take a few days, before they ask the first set of questions but then they are more responsive, but still no help!

but we must all keep reporting the issues!
David
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Today I did an another try, but this time I already had TTnav 3.07 installed and did an upgrade installation instead. Now I got contact to the GPS immediately. I do not know if it was because of the upgrade or just an another try that did it.

Best regards
David
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading all these problems relating to GPS problems including the BT receivers I think the cause could due to the gps unit being set to sirf mode.

If the little wheel is spinning it indicates that tt v5 is talking to the receiver, I've had exactly the same problems with my Emtac, using the emtac software it warns you that the receiver is set to sirf, and asks if you would like to reset to nmea mode. At this point all works perfectly, I'm sure TT v5 doesn't support sirf mode, still waiting clarification on this point...

Hope this helps
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY BC307 CF GPS was set to NMEA but doesn't work correctly with TTN5 I went out and purchased a Leadtek BT and that works fine!
spiritouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Silver wired TT GPS Reply with quote

I have the same problem with a genuine wired Tom tom receiver and TTN5.

Cant get a lock on any satelites, they show up but dont lock on.

Did a hard reset and re-installed and no difference.

Tried another hard reset and re-installed TTN3 still wont work.

Someone please help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: