Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 2.05 Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 2.05 Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike B
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 2.05 Update Reply with quote

Ran version TomTom 2.0 for a full week with no problems and then yesterday lost contact with the Emtac and couldn't reconnect again. Left Ipaq 3870 and Emtac off for half hour and it worked again for rest of the day. Thinks mine is a blue tooth problem but don't know which device.

Mike
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 2.05 Update Reply with quote

massi, the problem here is your ISP, they are utilising a web cache and are not throttling it correctly and are showing older erroneous pages than proper current pages. Web cache's are supposed to have the job of going out to the internet checking to see if a page has been updated, if it hasn't it will server you the locally cached page, and it sounds like this is what's happening to you.
massi
Occasional Visitor

I don't really know what is happening and what is going wrong with those guys at TomTom. Did they forget the way how a software developer is supposed to work?

I've installed their f**k upgrade to ver 2.05 ... and as soon as I go for few meters the display goes black and says I'm goin at the speed of 22245 km/h!!!!! Nothing less nothin more.

Are there problems with Sirf protocol based devices (I'm using Destinator GPS receiver).

I agree with cfcjohn, they really have gone from hero to zero!!!! I'm extremely concerned and astonished!

massi
Occasional Visitor

Now I've left the app ver 2.05 on the device and downgraded the GPS to ver 2.02, it works, even if sometimes the TTFF is 15/20 min. Once on a trip I'll be very carefull not to turn off the device or the car otherwise I'll be lost.

This is exactly what is happened to me few days ago in the center of Rome, after 30 min. TomTom navigator was still looking for signal. If it wasn't for Powerloc Destinator (I will not complain anymore on it) probably I would be still there driving over the roman ruins.

I would have expected more for the price of 170€!
Nokke
Occasional Visitor

I'm having the same problem as Massi....

Ipaq3970??

Nokke
Mike B
Occasional Visitor

I was losing connection between my emtac and 3870 with version 2.02. Never had any problems with version 2.0. Have just upgraded to 2.05 to see if it would solve problem. A short 10 min test has worked fine. Doing a longer journey tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. The reconnect to ematac after Pocket PC has been switched back on has worked every time so far. Rarely worked before.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Could perhaps be firmware related ?
Mike B
Occasional Visitor

I'm afraid 2.02 didn't solve my problem. Lost Emtac signals (Bluetooth Manager shows it still connected) 4 times in 40 mins. Went back to version 2.00 this afternoon. Was out this evening for about an hour with no problems. Will see how it goes this week and if OK try 2.02 again as do like the reconnect to Emtac after switching PPC back on.
nico1970
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

With 2.05, I still have problems with the link from

contacts program. I get some messageboxes no more

with the empty destination error but with a generic one

"Impossible to execute the required action" or something like that in french...

Another little problem, an address written with a ","

after the road number as we write it in french, is not recognized (Example : "25, rue Balzac"), i had

to remove all the "," !!

__

nico

Darren
Frequent Visitor

cfcjohn, I don't have an answer to your current issue but can assure you that it runs fine on my standard 3630.

As for your problem, when and where does this appear? Is it on the PC when you run the upgrade or on the PPC when it tries to register?
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

just to let you no it oll works great,

ver 2.5 on a ipaq 3970 with rom 2.10 maps on sd card

with tt2 9533 gps reciver

and i added checkpoint no problems at oll.

dont no y you people got so maney problems.

Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

We've also installed 2.05 (both the TTN software and the GPS driver) on an iPaq 3970 (which we use with a Socket Blutooth GPS) and have had no problems, so far.

Hugh
spewy
Occasional Visitor

We have numerous copies of TT2 up and running. We have tested version 2.0 and 2.05. One thing we did find is that version 2.0 (GPS Driver) can have an undesirable effect on the Leadtek GPS receiver causing it to go into disarray. This means that however how many satelites it can see and how good the signal is it will not turn the satelites red and lock on. The only way to solve this was to complete a factory reset on the receiver. If you are using 2.0 with a leadtek you can stop this happening by switching the driver to NMEA V2 4800.

2.05 however does no have this problem. We have numerous copies up and running and all are working fine. We have also simulated the tests which caused the problems with driver 2.0 and it seems the problem has been fixed.
Mike B
Occasional Visitor

Hi Spewy

Which PDA's are you using? I'm using a 3870 and are having lots of problems with the Bluetooth connection. Just ordered a 3970 so hoping that is better
spewy
Occasional Visitor

Mike

We use mostly the 3950. We havent tried the bluetooth receivers yet. We only use the Leadtec 9531. If you have ordered the 3970 then look out for the new Rom update which should be coming out in the next few days. At present there is a problem with the SD drivers for the latest ROM (Its very slow when storing the maps on an SD card) I know for a fact this has been fixed with the new Rom release.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: