Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Specs Cameras M25 Junction 16 - 18
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs Cameras M25 Junction 16 - 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalhead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Specs Cameras M25 Junction 16 - 18 Reply with quote

Hi,

I notice that these cameras only warn you in the area of the camera. Is it possible to increase the coverage to include the area between the cameras as I went past the first one at 50mph this morning but then noticed I was up to 53mph before the next one. It is therefore possible to get a fine without ever being aware that you were actually speeding.

Cheers

John
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, welcome to the forum! Welcome

The PGPSW speed camera database is implemented using POINTS of Interest, and as such, it is only possible to warn of specific locations, not whole areas.

I'm not aware that any of the manufacturers' databases give you such a facility either.

To be honest, would you really want a continuous warning sounding in your car as you travel through a SPECS zone lasting, say, 5 miles?

It's up to you to take note of the warnings that you are given, identify that it is a SPECS zone, and adjust your driving to suit.

The only work around I can think of is to use multiple copies of the SPECS file(s) (with different names) and give each copy a different warning distance. E.g. If you have one POI category warning at 300 metres, and another warning at 600 metres, you will get twice the number of warnings that you do currently.
metalhead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Daggers

The Cyclops database on my Garmin did warn me if I went over the speed limit between cameras but it doesnt have loads of the mobile cameras that I know about and are on here hence my decision to use this database. Guess I will just have to be more careful in specs areas.

Cheers

John
johalareewi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would really be handy is, when you enter a SPECS zone, the SatNav started to record and display your average speed from that point. I often find drivers treat specs cameras like fixed speed cameras and do an 'anchors on' just before (to well below the speed limit), then accelerate off. The great thing about specs is if you haven't managed to slow down in time before the camera, you can go past at whatever speed as long as your average speed is OK by the next camera, thus making the emergency braking maneouvre unnecessary.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

igo does this, although they seem to think that all specs cameras come in pairs so it doesn't always work out right!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: