Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Woohoo - The wait is over
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Woohoo - The wait is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that they've added Poland and Czech Republic, isn't it?

Mind you, note the map coverage at http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php?action=pdasub1

Poland: 18%. Czech Rep: 36%.

Wouldn't fancy navigating around Poland with that.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock, thats what I thought but reading it again it seems pretty clear that it is all at street level:-

"You will receive not only the region(s) you own, but will get the entire CD map-set of Europe including never before available maps for Poland and Czech Republic"

:D
NickW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
Alright I've seen replies here saying that they've ordered the upgrade but I do not see any place on tomtom's website to order the upgrade. I've logged into My TomTom account but see no place where I can order the upgrade. The website still shows TT5 as "Avaiable Soon" too. What am I missing???

Eyes?

http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php

well smart arse here is what i see with my EYES when I go to your most unhelpful link:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is unavailable

My bad. You're just a dick who can't use the net. My own fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt ;)

hhmm it comes up unavailable on my work computer, my computer at home, my friends computer all three are on an entirely different ISP's with cleared cache. but of course you're always right.

I pulling your leg, or did the lobotomy affect your sense of humour?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just clicked the link now, and it came up straight away
Robin
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
Alright I've seen replies here saying that they've ordered the upgrade but I do not see any place on tomtom's website to order the upgrade. I've logged into My TomTom account but see no place where I can order the upgrade. The website still shows TT5 as "Avaiable Soon" too. What am I missing???

Eyes?

well smart arse here is what i see with my EYES when I go to your most unhelpful link:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is unavailable

My bad. You're just a dick who can't use the net. My own fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt ;)

well it's coming up for you folks because you are on the UK English site. the US site has page unavailable. so sorry Nick but you were wrong. but don't worry I didn't expect much help out of you anyway.

when at the US version of their site his link takes you here:
http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.us.php
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't help but think that getting teleatlas to map ireland would make more sense.....than heading east all the time.

what use really is 18% of the country?

Ian
NickW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:

Eyes?

well it's coming up for you folks because you are on the UK English site. the US site has page unavailable. so sorry Nick but you were wrong. but don't worry I didn't expect much help out of you anyway.

when at the US version of their site his link takes you here:
http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.us.php

Ahh, a septic! 'Nuff said.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long before we bet requests for mapping of

1. Iran?
2. N Korea?

Laughing only joking.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
No, the full street level mapping for Europe is included. And I am one of those who is a little miffed! I only bought my European maps for a trip to France in April. I reckoned on the upgrade arrangements being the same as last year, ie you were upgraded for whatever maps you already had. I would have saved a lot of money by hanging on for a couple of months!
Robin

So does this off the tt site mean that there is not seemles routing using the minor roads quote: " Plan seamless routes through-out Europe using the major road network "

Thanks
Dave
NickW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
Robin2 wrote:
No, the full street level mapping for Europe is included. And I am one of those who is a little miffed! I only bought my European maps for a trip to France in April. I reckoned on the upgrade arrangements being the same as last year, ie you were upgraded for whatever maps you already had. I would have saved a lot of money by hanging on for a couple of months!
Robin

So does this off the tt site mean that there is not seemles routing using the minor roads quote: " Plan seamless routes through-out Europe using the major road network "

Thanks
Dave

It says it has all the country maps AND the major roads map.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the MRE is there too, and gives seamless routing on the major roads. I think the street level maps stop at international borders
Robin
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
Robin2 wrote:
Robin

Thanks
Dave

yes you will not be able to navigate street level from country map to country map - still have to use MRE for that.

Robin2 - you can probably order 2 copies of ttn5 using the 2 product codes you have and then ebay the unused one? - just a thought to offset the original cost.

Ian
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:

Thanks
Dave

That's correct. You can only seamlessly route doing
major -> major
major -> minor
minor -> major

You cannot do
minor -> minor

You would still have to change maps to get to the minor road at the destination, but at least the major roads will get you 98% of the way there most of the time.
JokerNI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Maps of North and South of Ireland Reply with quote

I've been asking TomTom about Ireland for some time now. I've heard that teleatlas do have complete maps of Ireland (North and South). Can anyone confirm this? If so why don't TomTom include them?
lsuhe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: TT5 Europe Maps Reply with quote

There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the Europe maps with TT5.
If you order the 59 euro upgrade obviously you get the UK maps full details but do you get

1) Just the equivilent of Major Roads of Europe for TT5

or

2) complete full maps of all of estern europe on a load of CD's that you can load on to your PPC as and when you need to.

I am off to Portugal in 3 weeks and would love to have the full maps of portugal (even though they only offer 43% coverage). I don't know why they can't get better coverage then that of a major european country???

I think that the MRE are great for traveling through a country to get to another. but I really want the full level of detail for Portugal. I'm not interesting in trying to navigate between different countries, just get detailed maps of the country I'm visiting.

Cheers

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: