Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Woohoo - The wait is over
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Woohoo - The wait is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcrobiej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: TT5 speed cameras Reply with quote

I realise that GPSAssist wont work now with TT5, but does anyone know if I can import my own speed camera POI's into TT5 - I would really like to use the database from this site (as I do with TT3) and the idea of paying - tsh !!

p.s. hope the order comes throughn as I'm off through france to Switzerland in a few weeks !
mcrobiej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: just found it Reply with quote

Sorry - just found it in
http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/mob5_nav5/refman/Main_menu_eng.html

under the MAnage POI section - it looks like I will be able to use POIedit to download the POI's onto the PDA, and set TomTom to warn - wish i could set the warn in 30 seconds which works really well for speed cameras
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The warning features i nTT5 look the same as TT4. Your own sounds would be nice, as would settign a time, but you can get round this a bit if you set a different time for each speed restriction POI. For example, in a 30 MPH zone 400 yards would give you about 30 seconds warning, a 60 MPH camera, you would set at 800 yards etc.

Irritatingly, TT4 rounds yards down to the nearest metre on exiting the dialogue, then rounds down again on reentering the dialogue. The result is if you go to check the settigns you end up with a shorter warning that gets shorter every time. I hope they have fixed that. Not vital, but sloppy.
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I've seen replies here saying that they've ordered the upgrade but I do not see any place on tomtom's website to order the upgrade. I've logged into My TomTom account but see no place where I can order the upgrade. The website still shows TT5 as "Avaiable Soon" too. What am I missing???
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the manual which has been posted a couple of times on this thread, I can't see any reference to displaying road speed. I'm sure it was discussed when the original review of TTN5 was produced, and it was possible to show speed. Is there anyone from the PocketGPS team who can confirm this, as accurate road speed indication is one of the most useful features in TTN3
Robin
psneddon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick and choose what information you want displayed on the status bar - e.g. speed, current time, arrival time etc. So yes, TT5 display the road speed

Paul
NickW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiffer wrote:
Alright I've seen replies here saying that they've ordered the upgrade but I do not see any place on tomtom's website to order the upgrade. I've logged into My TomTom account but see no place where I can order the upgrade. The website still shows TT5 as "Avaiable Soon" too. What am I missing???

Eyes?

http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:

Eyes?

well smart arse here is what i see with my EYES when I go to your most unhelpful link:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is unavailable
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I just tried the link and it worked for me.

try clearing the your temp internet files and trying again.

if not try hitting the UPGRADE sign on www.tomtom.com

Ian
JokerNI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You or your ISP might be running a cached version. load up the main tomtom page and refresh it. There is section to upgrade.

HtH

JokerNI
NickW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:

Eyes?

well smart arse here is what i see with my EYES when I go to your most unhelpful link:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is unavailable

My bad. You're just a dick who can't use the net. My own fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt ;)
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
I must admit I'm a bit surprised that they're giving away the Maps of Western Europe as part of the upgrade given that they were a £100+ option for TT3 (and still are for Go users).

I've had mine for a couple of years so they're not owe me anything, but I'd be a bit miffed if I'd just shelled out for them.

Am I wrong in thinking that it's only the Major roads of Europe that are being supplied with the upgrade

dave
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:

Eyes?

My bad. You're just a dick who can't use the net. My own fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt ;)

man someone is bitchy today. must not have been laid in awhile i guess. thanks for the link.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the full street level mapping for Europe is included. And I am one of those who is a little miffed! I only bought my European maps for a trip to France in April. I reckoned on the upgrade arrangements being the same as last year, ie you were upgraded for whatever maps you already had. I would have saved a lot of money by hanging on for a couple of months!
Robin
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:
NickW wrote:
smiffer wrote:

Eyes?

hhmm it comes up unavailable on my work computer, my computer at home, my friends computer all three are on an entirely different ISP's with cleared cache. but of course you're always right.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: