Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Woohoo - The wait is over
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Woohoo - The wait is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctomahawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Nav 5 will be for the most part the same as Nav 4 with the exception of several more useful functions. Nav 4 has worked reliably for me so I am confident with the upgrade.

Program works well but I'm a little iffy on TomTom customer service.
LostAtSea
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pocket Loox 600 Reply with quote

Flying-Low wrote:
In the TT upgrade pages it says that no FS PDA's are supported. I've got TT3 on my PL600 - why won't TT% work on it? Anybody got any ideas?
Barry

Er,

* We are working on achieving compatibility with the Toshiba and Fujitsu Siemens devices by Autumn 2005. For technical reasons, NAVIGATOR 5 will unfortunately not be made compatible for the other devices on the list.

That implies that it isn't something deeply architectural.

My best guess is that since the FS has Pocket Plugfree instead of the normal BT stack, TomTom are having problems in taking over and monopolising Bluetooth on the FS machines ...
BadTasteUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I missed the front of the queue!...... I'm order number 556781.

Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas! Sad
jimeng
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: naff gps Reply with quote

be aware a lot are having problems connecting to non tomtom gps as usual tomtom helpdesk is about as useful as a condom machine in the vatican so if anyone manages to get 3rd party bluetooth gps connected pray tell us all how
herc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so there is no link for download from Tom tom after you pay for the upgrade Sad ????

If we the paying public are now waiting for delivery then that is not good practice after all you could download previous updates from the tomtom site and arent most of broadband now.

Pfff another month then i guess.
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did it say there would be a download?

Besides, how many discs is this likely to be? Wasn't Europe 9 CD's before? You want to download 5 gig, maybe you do, but think how much bandwidth TT would need for half a million people to download that much Rolling Eyes

www.lanarchy.co.uk for LAN gaming near London
herc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5gb that is big for an upgrade I thought it would be smaller.
O well im on postman watch for the next few weeks.
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big for an upgrade? They are all new maps etc, like I say, TT3 + detailed Europe maps where 11 CD's I think. That is all I'm basing this on.

It is a new version, not just a patch don't forget.

www.lanarchy.co.uk for LAN gaming near London
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4 had the maps on Five CDs and they have only added Poland and Czech republic so I would be surprised if there was much more than 6 CDs unless there will now be more combinatons of coubtries or sections of large countries offered.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: A Long Wait? (and other issues) Reply with quote

I've joined the queue of people waiting for Nav5, hope I don't grow old & die first.

Has anyone got (non pirate) Nav5 yet? If so does the speedcam/POI voice warnings work without a route planned and does Tomtom 'hog' the com port on a Mio 168 (as did TTN3). I have GPSGate, will it work on Nav5 if it does hog the port?

Another thing, when I plan a route from my house (in Murton, Co.Durham) to a point on the way to Durham Nav3 takes me onto the A19 (towards Sunderland, Doxford Park Juntion) then on to the A690. 15 mins 13.0 miles

If I plan the same route from my friends house it take a more direct route (the one EVERYBODY in Murton would use). 15 mins 7.7 miles.

If I set a 'drive-by' to force the common route from my house journey details are 15 mins 7.7 miles (friend lives 100 yards away).

Tomtom insists that in order to save the 100 yards I need to go the 'QUICKEST' route saving 0 mins but adding 5.3 miles.

Using the shortest route is not always an option as it can add too much time to the route by taking all the little shortcuts it can to save yards, ideal for walking or cycling but not by car or HGV etc. as some of these roads are just back streets etc.

How difficult would it have been to include a 'next best option' which would be a compromise between extra time & shorter route?

I know that as a 'local' I do not need to use TTN to direct me one roads I have been driving for many years but if it happens where I live then it must happen elsewhere.

How many of us TTN users would like to run TTN on a desktop for route planning & printing etc. then we could download our itinerary to the PPC?
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, been away for two weeks in France and Switzerland - using TT3, and arrived home today to find TT5 sitting on the doormat. Well, time for a play once the cases are unpacked..... Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: