Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best Speed Camera warning add on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Speed Camera warning add on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBoyGroucho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Best Speed Camera warning add on Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 03 May 2003

For me, this has come as a sad day!

Don't let it get you down Dave....the vast majority of Pocketgps website users are very appreciative of all the effort you and the other guys put into the site...its what makes it the number one Pocket GPS site in the UK.

I suppose its ineviatable that some people will rip off the site if they can see a profit from it but thats life. Personally I would remove every mention of POI Warner on the PocketGPs site, it probably wouldn't achieve much but it would make me feel better.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Best Speed Camera warning add on Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Mark R Penn on 03 May 2003

BTW, how do I find this wonderful resourse that Pocket GPS provides - I'm probably being thick, but I had to link from the TomTom site to even find it in the first place? I still can't find any way to get to it from your menu - all I find is the Surrey database in the downloads section.

From our front page in the left hand menu tree: GPS Software - Speed Cameras. It's the first item on the page that this takes you to!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

It's worth pointing out for anyone reading these threads that an awful lot of unseen work goes on behind the scenes in preparing the database and the updates. We take time to ensure duplicates entries are filtered out, we add a unique ID to each camera to allow users to report cameras that have been removed or moved etc and we have spent a lot of time to ensure the accuracy of the database. Anyone can report an erronous entry and we will check and remove it, you can be sure that POI-Handler will do none of this, they won't be interested in removing entries from their database and we are as a team very disheartened by the whole episode.

We are non-commercial hobbyists who devote a huge amount of time to this site, if this is a sign of things to come then we won't be bothering to bring new features and services to our raeders when it's likely that they will be plagiarised by others who have invested zero time and effort in their development.
gregh
Regular Visitor

Now I've got TT v2 working and sold my Geodesy I need to add in speed camera warnings.

I was all set to try Checkpoint, but it seems to have disappeared, the link from this website doesn't work.

So what's the best add on out there? Basically want to spend as little as possible but get decent warnings of speed cameras!

regards,

Greg
Neil F
Occasional Visitor

I have only tried GPSassist and checkpoint, and definitly preferred checkpoint.

see my post in the checkpoint thread for info on where to get it..

Neil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

And just to confuse matters I've found POI-Warner the simplest and most reliable if all you want is POI Warnings, it has a low overhead, is simple to configure and works!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: