Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Needed for Winfastnav & Toshiba e330
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed for Winfastnav & Toshiba e330

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAZINBLACK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help Needed for Winfastnav & Toshiba e330 Reply with quote

Im at my wits end

i cannot get a signal in winfastnav or in tom tom

im using a toshiba e330 with a leadtec 9531 reciever

for the NMEA ports ive got

USBF_serial COM9

IRDA COM2

IrCOMM COM3

USBSER COM1

which one should i use

in the command NMEA window

ive set to the default settings

Please help i feel ive wasted an awful lot of dosh for nothing
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help Needed for Winfastnav & Toshiba e330 Reply with quote

Firstly do you have the power plug from the Leadtek plugged into the car accessory socket in your car, and the ignition on ?

The Leadtek will show on COM1, NMEA 4800. Select this in the Port Settings Screen, then OK and this will connect and start receiving data from the receiver. Switch to the VIEW | DEVELOPMENT screen and you should see a lot of data coming through with lines that start like $GPGSV, $GPGSA.

If you're not getting anything through, it maybe either you or someone before you has set the receiver into a different mode. If the little circle at the bottom right is flashing now and again, go into the COMMAND option set it to NMEA, 4800 COM1 and then OK. Then disconnect, and re-connect on these same settings, and in the VIEW | DEVELOPMENT screen and you should then see data.

If you're still not getting anything, then there's something fundimentally wrong.

A note to everyone using tools like WinFast Navigator, the COMMAND options can be very dangerous if you start changing options and you don't know what they are, and can cause problems where the receiver may look like it's not responding, so beware what you change in COMMANDS.
DAZINBLACK
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave

Im getting no signal whatsoever

cvertime i set to USBSER COM1 i get an error saying couldnt open USBSER COM1 port

it lets me connect to USBF_serial COM9

so i dont know wether this is the correct port on thr toshiba

The only other thing i can think is ive got a faulty reciever

I bought it from Routeplanners so ill speak to Angus in the morning he seems a realy helpful man

he said any problems to contact him and its also a freephone number cant be bad

Ive only got Tomtom to try it out on at the moment

and also winfastnav im a bit reluctant to buy anything else incase ive made an expensive mistake

Thanks for the Reply

Daz
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Are you getting data through on the Development screen when you set it to COM9 ? COM1 is the standard Serial port throughout Pocket PC's, so if it's working on COM9 and not COM1 then it maybe Toshiba are doing something really strange, -or- you've got something installed that's locking open COM1 (eg keyboard driver) and it's having to be re-mapped ?!
DAZINBLACK
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave

Im getting no data at all on development screen

How do you disable the keyboard driver ill try doing that & see what happens the main thing i bought the PDA was for sat nav so i dont realy need the keyboard driver

thanks again for the help

Daz
Dave
Frequent Visitor

If you have a keyboard or anything else that plugs into the bottom sync port, then you'll need to run up the relevant driver or config program on the Pocket PC and you should have an option to disable it.
DAZINBLACK
Occasional Visitor

No i havnt got ant extras connected to it

Ive just spoken to Angus at Routeplanners and he is sending me another Leadtek to try

Now thats what i call service

I wish more companies were like this

Some of these big companies could learn a thing or two from them

Well done Angus & Routeplanners

Daz
DAZINBLACK
Occasional Visitor

Dave

Ive sorted the problem well Angus did

i had to disable ActiveSync & then all was well

see the link below

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=60&TopicID=2039&PagePosition=1

thanks for the advice

Daz

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: