Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Importing IGN maps to MM Navigator (Not OS Version)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing IGN maps to MM Navigator (Not OS Version)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Importing IGN maps to MM Navigator (Not OS Version) Reply with quote

Hope some can point me in the right direction.

I have purchased Cartoexploreur (www.bayo.com) which is the French equivalent of MM together with maps for the French Jura district. Like MM this software is compatible with PPC and have managed to download the map and software to an iPaq 4150 however it will not download to my iMate Jam (running windows mobile 2003 SE), the jam works perfectly well with MM and was wondering how i can digitally get the jura maps into MM navigator.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. In the meanwhile i will wait for the Bayo support desk to contact me re compatability of their software and windows mobile 2003.

cheers

Paul
windsor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The Cartoexploreur licence will only allow you to put the programme on one pocket device, so if you have it installed allready on your ipaq, you will have to uninstall it from this before you can install it on the imate. The cartoexploreur programme is much more restrictive than Memory Map in this respect. There is a (presumably illegal) program to convert your *.byo files to .png files with approprate .cal files which Ozi explorer & Memory map can import, but I expect we should not condone its use.

I use Cartoexploreur quite a bit, so shout if you need more info.

Geoff
paulmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoff

Many thanks for the replies, it is not a licencing issue with the PPC as i tried it initially with the imate jam but it would not synchronise with the device i then tried my old ipaq and it synchronised fine, downloaded the software etc to the iPAQ.

I am now wondering if CE is not compatible with Windows Mobile 2003SE, i have emailed the bayo support desk this question and await their response. I am also running the latest version of CE (3.03).

Paul
windsor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul

I am running Cartoexploreur 3 on a Pocket Loox 740 running PPC 2003 Second Edition. It works fine, but I do find that it sometimes is a bit 'flakey' in recognising active sync - it doesn't always connect first time or reliably. I think that Memory Map has a much better interface, so maybe the 'alternative' route would be a better one to take(see PM). Thats certainly what I have done, especially as I run the Loox in horizontal VGA mode, and Memory map supports this nicely.

good luck

Geoff
windsor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul

I just realised that you are talking about a phone! As far as i know, there are differences between Windows Mobile 2003 SE Phone edition and the standard Pocket PC version. Will even Memory Map run on your device?

Geoff
paulmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoff

Memory map runs fine on the Windows Mobile, i think i will persue the option in your PM.

Thanks again

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: