Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go v5 Upgrade Available for Download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go v5 Upgrade Available for Download
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark_W
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Mark_W wrote:
I’m waiting for my new TTG 300 to come from Maplins, does any one know if the new TTG 300 is coming out with the V.5 or the V5.1.

Thanks, Smile
Mark

I believe all have V5.0 but just foolow all the advice about backing up, because the maps are not on the CD. Also upgrade to 5.1 before you start putting any Favourites or POI's on the SD card.

Thanks for that Oldboy,
Yep will def do the back up and upgrade to v5.1, I have been reading the forums for quite a while before I decided to get the TTG. Another question that I keep reading about, would it be best to buy a bigger SD memory card, and copy and past all the original on to that, plus to activate that new SD memory card, would you have to use your activation code that comes with the CD rom. My thought on this is, I will want to put the Camera data on the memory card, and many people have said that the OE memory card is not that big because of the information on it.
I am Still waiting for my TTG to come Sad , I have been told by Maplins it has been dispatched.
Thanks,

Mark
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general consensus is that it is a good thing to increase the size of the SD card.

Bigger is better. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Snazzi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Feeling Conned over the TTG Maps Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi,

sorry to start of with my first message in this forum as a whinge, but here goes anyway.

I bought my TomTom Go at Christmas, and like many here thought it was great, the only couple of problems was the fact that it did not have full uk post code support and it only had one main route option, i.e. the fastest way to destination.

I was happy to hear that TomTom were releasing version 5 which addressed these issues, and luckily I had bought my TomTom recently and qualified for the free upgrade.

So I download the upgrade as son as I could and tried out the new features, I was somewhat disappointed to find that the full postcode didn’t work, when checking with the TTG tech support, I was advised that I needed a new set of maps at a cost of 89 euros (£64), on a device that was not a year old yet?.
So I paid for the upgrade and promptly got a new SD card with the whole version 5 upgrade and maps.
Now I had the full postcode support.

Being a bit curious I thought I would explore the new SD card and compare to my old SD card, I noticed a file called postal...

bells rang and my curiosity got the better of me, I copied the postal file onto my old SD card, and hay presto, I had full post code support on my original SD card.

The postal file is about 8MB in size and could easily be downloaded via the web, I did not actually need new maps for this to work.

So it seems that this was just an excuse to get another £64 from their loyal users after promising that the upgrade was free ...

would I buy a tomtom again???

I think not on principle.

Interested in anyone else’s views on this, and even TTG ??

Regards,

Snazzi
biggy7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right guys

got a TomTom GO CLassic v4.2 with camera database and new voices, working fine.

i am going to london tomorrow and i was wondering if i should update to v5.2, would there be any difference at all?

is it worth me updating from v4.2 to v5.2?

any advice most appreciated

cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it is better, others are not so sure. Some have gone with V5.1, rather than 5.2, because of the 27 POI category issue.

If you do upgrade, remember to have a full backup just in case anything goes wrong. You will also need to download a different data.chk file for voice warnings.

There won't be any difference in the mapping because that is a seperate 'upgrade'.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
biggy7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks oldboy

took the plunge and upgraded to 5.2.

my cam database was still there, and my recent locations and home location aswell Smile

all i had to do was install the new voice ,chk file and set them up, and now all is fine, went out for a quick drive to my nearest gatso and was spot on Smile

i like the new version, has some nifty features now (like volume changes with speed of car hehe)

will update 2moro, when i go to london Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: