Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSMap60C Distances
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSMap60C Distances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pazza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: GPSMap60C Distances Reply with quote

Using a 60C I have found that the recorded track distance differs from the planned route distance by some 5km on a route distance of 28km and this also differs by some 3 km from the odometer distance recorded. The example is Map Software distance planned 28km, Recorded track distance (after upload to the PC) 33.6km and GPS odometr distance 31.7km. Any ideas why this should be so and which is actually correct? I also have a problem identifying Waypoints - planning a route normally would result in sequentiallly numbered waypoints being used and printed on any map produced but if the route is downloaded to the GPS the waypoint numbers may differe from the map numbers and particularly so if there are several routes already in the GPS. The GPS numbers for the waypoints are the ones used when I 'Find' but I have no way of cross relating the numbers shown as a result of a 'Find' and those on any map I have printed out which makes a 'GO TO' a bit risky. Any ideas about how to get the numbers the same?
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of interest have you updated:-

Unit Software
GPSMAP 60C Ver. 3.70 as of March 18, 2005 Download

Additional Software
USB Drivers Ver. 2.1 as of August 26, 2004 Download
xImage Ver. 2.3 as of March 21, 2005 Download
Pazza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Garmin GPSmap60C Reply with quote

Yes. I have updated the unit software and the drivers but not the xImage. Will the updates affect my problems?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: